Pharmacy: University of Birmingham vs Aston Univeristy

Watch
aya12345678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I've received an offer to study pharmacy at UoB and Aston Uni but I don't know which one is better! I've been offered ABB if I firm UoB and BBB if I firm Aston. Obviously UoB is a Russell Group university which scores more "brownie points" but as the course is quite new there, I'm not sure if its an ideal place to study compared to Aston which has been doing pharmacy for over 170 years if i remember correctly I guess it'd be considered the safer option?

Sorry for the waffle but I'm really stuck! I've been to an Applicants Day for both unis and still can't make up my mind. Help!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aya12345678)
Hello, I've received an offer to study pharmacy at UoB and Aston Uni but I don't know which one is better! I've been offered ABB if I firm UoB and BBB if I firm Aston. Obviously UoB is a Russell Group university which scores more "brownie points" but as the course is quite new there, I'm not sure if its an ideal place to study compared to Aston which has been doing pharmacy for over 170 years if i remember correctly I guess it'd be considered the safer option?

Sorry for the waffle but I'm really stuck! I've been to an Applicants Day for both unis and still can't make up my mind. Help!
it being RG wont matter when you're a pharmacist but if they've been doing a course for longer it could mean better teaching, have you visited both?
hizzbani
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aston is a more established pharmacy school which a higher intake of students (so more help ;p) in comparison to UoB, however UoB generally has a better reputation as a university as a whole.
Sharemine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone done the immunisation and health declaration form yet for uni of Birmingham pharmacy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads