The Student Room Group

Is my boyfriend cheating on me?

My boyfriend is working today as usual. He always texts me when he’s working. I’ve been sending him messages on Snapchat and Facebook all day. Sometimes the messages aren’t sending on Facebook messenger and sometimes they are which means he’s turning his mobile data on and off. He’s turning his mobile data on but his Snapchat score isn’t going up, he’s not replying to me on Snapchat and he’s not going online on facebook. He’s been turning his mobile data on and off all day but not replying on any social media. Could he be talking to another girl on a fake Snapchat account that’s why he keeps turning his mobile data on and not replying to me, or could he be doing something else on his phone without going on Facebook and Snapchat. Am I reading into it too much
Original post by sloanciara
. Am I reading into it too much

Yes
Reply 2
Realy
Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths
Yes
eh just talk to him about it
Realy

Yes
Reply 5
You think he is cheating ?
Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths
Yes
You think he is cheating ?

No
You're definitely overthinking it.
Surely there's points where his mobile data could have just disconnected? You're not gonna have a stable connection 24/7
My boyfriend is working today as usual. He always texts me when he’s working. I’ve been sending him messages on Snapchat and Facebook all day. Sometimes the messages aren’t sending on Facebook messenger and sometimes they are which means he’s turning his mobile data on and off. He’s turning his mobile data on but his Snapchat score isn’t going up, he’s not replying to me on Snapchat and he’s not going online on facebook. He’s been turning his mobile data on and off all day but not replying on any social media. Could he be talking to another girl on a fake Snapchat account that’s why he keeps turning his mobile data on and not replying to me, or could he be doing something else on his phone without going on Facebook and Snapchat. Am I reading into it too much

Hey :smile: As a person I get pretty nervous about these things too however these social media accounts actually have a habit of reporting false data. For example, recently my boyfriend was a few hours away doing work on a house with his grandfather. There is ZERO service up there but his messenger symbol was still saying he was online when he was actually putting together furniture all day :P These problems with online/offline tend to happen particularly when someone's phone keeps going in and out of wifi range. Im not saying hes not cheating - you need to judge that for yourself. Are there other signals? Late unexplained nights, pulling away from you or hiding things from you? Best to just bring it up in a conversation but to avoid using this as ammo as it will seem obsessive and as if you dont trust him if its the only thing youre going on.. Good luck! I hope nothing is wrong X
Reply 9

Yes you are. Sounds like you need to just talk more to him.
He's defo cheating, time to start looking for a new bf
You're nuts.
Reply 12
If you're finding yourself tracking his Snapchat score, then that says a lot about how much you trust him.

Cheating or not, it's not very healthy.
Maybe reading into it too much, I need to approach him about it. If I know him well enough you will know straight away if he’s hiding something. He should show u to confirm
Original post by Ray_Shadows
eh just talk to him about it

Talk to him in the cleverest way possible. Talk to him in a way that you gather information without alerting him to the fact that you suspect that he's cheating.

If he's cheating and you ask him about it, he will lie convincingly. And then he will be on the alert and will take extra precautions to make it more difficult for you to find out that he's cheating.

It's better to say nothing to him about it than to alert him and get his defences up.

sloanclara, your boyfriend might be cheating. From what you've told us he probably isn't. But you haven't told us much. All you've told us is that you've been harassing him at work. When he's at work, please leave him alone. It's unprofessional for him to be responding to personal messages or phone calls whilst he's at work, unless there's some domestic emergency. When he's at work he's paid for his time to do work for his employer. When he's not at work he's free to do what he wants.

Are there any other signs that he's cheating? For example the frequency of sex between you has gone down significantly? Or does he hide his mobile from you? Are there unexplained absences? Has his attitude to you taken a step up or down? Some people hide their cheating by acting better than normal, in a cunning plan to deflect suspicion.

It's all about balance of probabilities. No one can be certain that their partner is not cheating on them. As some people are extremely accomplished sneaky cheats. But then again it's possible to mistake natural mist for smoke and conclude that there's fire when there isn't.
Don't stalk his social media activity and try to predict what he's doing on his phone. It will drive you insane.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Talk to him in the cleverest way possible. Talk to him in a way that you gather information without alerting him to the fact that you suspect that he's cheating.

If he's cheating and you ask him about it, he will lie convincingly. And then he will be on the alert and will take extra precautions to make it more difficult for you to find out that he's cheating.

It's better to say nothing to him about it than to alert him and get his defences up.

sloanclara, your boyfriend might be cheating. From what you've told us he probably isn't. But you haven't told us much. All you've told us is that you've been harassing him at work. When he's at work, please leave him alone. It's unprofessional for him to be responding to personal messages or phone calls whilst he's at work, unless there's some domestic emergency. When he's at work he's paid for his time to do work for his employer. When he's not at work he's free to do what he wants.

Are there any other signs that he's cheating? For example the frequency of sex between you has gone down significantly? Or does he hide his mobile from you? Are there unexplained absences? Has his attitude to you taken a step up or down? Some people hide their cheating by acting better than normal, in a cunning plan to deflect suspicion.

It's all about balance of probabilities. No one can be certain that their partner is not cheating on them. As some people are extremely accomplished sneaky cheats. But then again it's possible to mistake natural mist for smoke and conclude that there's fire when there isn't.

yeh what he said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending