Not too long left... Watch

JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 12
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Not too long left to the A level Physics exams;

how are you guys revising?

what grades/ marks have you guys been getting?

how far are you guys in revising for physics?

have any advice for anyone?

what grades are you guys trying to get?
JJJJJAAAAMES
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
bumpety bump
Brain Damage
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm doing past papers until I'm sick of them, and I'd recommend the same to anyone.
Getting 90% on AS stuff, usually over 70% on A2 stuff.
Need an A, aiming for A*. Grade boundary will probably be around 70%.
Moe_00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My revision is skimming revision guide, doing topic questions on PMT, looking more into depth in topics I did badly in.
Getting around 70/60% on most topics some as low as 30. Scrapped an A* in mocks at the end of march.
Around halfway through looking at topics individually, once finished I'll do full past papers.
Need an A, hoping for an A*.
Advice: make sure you understand the content well to be able to solve abstract questions.

Also Brain Damage what exam board is that predicted grade boundary for?
Brain Damage
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Moe_00
AQA. It's been slightly lower than 70 the last few years with the new spec, and usually gets a little higher each year.
xipo7101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Finished spec 2 months ago.
Did 52 past papers from old old spec and old spec, today will start new spec past papers and aiming to finish all of them twice and do other boards too.
All I do is practice papers and active recall.
Aiming for an A*.
CIE paper 5, edexcel unit 3,6 really helped me to improve my practical skills as well as these set of questions specifically for AQA ( https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...cheme-11476463)
Also unit 10 AQA old old spec past paper really helps to link all of the A-level physics together.
https://freeexampapers.com/exam-pape...hysics-A-2450/ (link for old old and old spec papers)
If you don't do AQA all of the above is kinda good anyways...
j.1.2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 minutes ago
how are u lot preparing for paper 3?
Spoiler:
Show
isiaiah d
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by j.1.2)
how are u lot preparing for paper 3?
Spoiler:
Show
make sure your timings right on this 3b is usually way easier than 3a so make sure you have enough time to attempt most of it. For 3a all I can reccomend is past papers olympiad and other spec papers it/s really about deep understanding of topics if I remember right. Also don't be discouraged after the exam comes, I found paper 3 the hardest but I did the best on that one so don't be put off for the rest of your exams when it comes round
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads