The Brexit party! Watch

Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Of course you did, you said 'I'm sure none of the brexit party members are either', so you did, how you think you can deny this is beyond me.

Of course your personal emotion is being shown, I don't need to be you to see that, you continue to defend yourself when you're the one doing the thing you so despise.

You're acting like only you can know if you are getting offended, not quite right.
That was part of a sentence, it was a statement to contrary original the vile bigoted comment, it was not a joke.

You're wrong I'm not offended, let it drop, even if I was - who cares its literally a pointless convertsation it's a bigoted distasteful statement in my opinion
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 month ago
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
That was part of a sentence, it was a statement to contrary original the vile bigoted comment, it was not a joke.

You're wrong I'm not offended, let it drop..
? He said he wasn't mentally challenged so he wouldn't be attending, a joke, you responded with 'I'm sure none of the brexit party members are either', so you did.

It was a joke, we have clarified you didn't comment because you were bothered about him using the mentally challenged as a joke, because you didn't know it was a joke, you said that yourself, so your reply was obviously out of offence, you took it seriously.

Duh.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
? He said he wasn't mentally challenged so he wouldn't be attending, a joke, you responded with 'I'm sure none of the brexit party members are either', so you did.

It was a joke, we have clarified you didn't comment because you were bothered about him using the mentally challenged as a joke, because you didn't know it was a joke, you said that yourself, so your reply was obviously out of offence, you took it seriously.

Duh.
FFS man let it drop, it was not a joke in my eyes.. End of topic
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The brexit party simply splits the vote of leavers and Farage is a self serving turd for setting it up
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by paul514)
The brexit party simply splits the vote of leavers and Farage is a self serving turd for setting it up
He's a turd anyway, I will vote for Brexit party in Europe elections only because UKIP have too many links to the far right. Its worth noting I normally abstain from voting in European elections because I don't believe we should be in Europe, however with the attitude of remainers now I'll never miss a chance to make life as difficult for them as possible

As a leaver I have no issues with distancing myself from clowns like Tommy Robinson.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 month ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
FFS man let it drop, it was not a joke in my eyes.. End of topic
Yeh exactly, so you took it seriously, you didn't comment because you didn't appreciate the content of the joke, you commented because you were offended, done.

Tis the end.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeh exactly, so you took it seriously, you didn't comment because you didn't appreciate the content of the joke, you commented because you were offended, done.

Tis the end.
ce n'était pas une blague
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ce n'était pas une blague
Make your mind up.

First you say it was a joke and you didn't get that
Then you say it wasn't one.

Can't pick ey?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make your mind up.

First you say it was a joke and you didn't get that
Then you say it wasn't one.

Can't pick ey?
You understood French then! I'm out FFS
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
You were saying?

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plu...et/1.157640026

(Original post by anarchism101)
Current projections have them not getting a single seat. I think that's unlikely, I think they'll likely get 1 or 2 based on current polling. But to actually get the most seats they'd have to triple their current poll rating in about 5 weeks. It's not happening. The Tories, UKIP and Brexit Party are all tripping over each others' toes to hand the win to Corbyn.
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Obviously these change, so I've no idea what it said when you linked it, but at the time I'm writing now it's showing Labour favoured to take the most seats.

Though I'll admit the Brexiters seem to have swallowed up more of the UKIP vote quicker than I expected.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Obviously these change, so I've no idea what it said when you linked it, but at the time I'm writing now it's showing Labour favoured to take the most seats.

Though I'll admit the Brexiters seem to have swallowed up more of the UKIP vote quicker than I expected.
Is this an inconvenient truth for those that back remain? The fact of the matter is that there has been no great public show of discontent Vis a Vis our leaving of the EU, other than the vocal few that have always wished to remain of course.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Is this an inconvenient truth for those that back remain? The fact of the matter is that there has been no great public show of discontent Vis a Vis our leaving of the EU, other than the vocal few that have always wished to remain of course.
Er, did you miss the 6 million-signature petition and the largest British political demonstration ever? If anything the opposite has been true - Remainers have made great public shows of their discontent, while Leavers largely have not - pro-Brexit rallies have been far smaller.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Er, did you miss the 6 million-signature petition and the largest British political demonstration ever? If anything the opposite has been true - Remainers have made great public shows of their discontent, while Leavers largely have not - pro-Brexit rallies have been far smaller.
Nope the 6m figure is highly debatable though, given that many people openly bragged about signing it more than once and there is no proof of identity or even if these people live in the UK.
And did you miss the largest ever vote on a single issue in the history of the UK which happened in 2016? Let's see what sort of vote occurs in the upcoming EU parliamentary elections, it is a barometer of public feeling after all.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Nope the 6m figure is highly debatable though, given that many people openly bragged about signing it more than once and there is no proof of identity or even if these people live in the UK.
The petition doesn't ask for proof of ID, but that isn't the same as there being no security. The site can tell the IP addresses the signatures are coming from, and will automatically raise a red flag if an implausible number of signatures are coming from the same address. Sure, some people could be using VPNs, but even that would be noticed eventually. As for the number coming from non-UK addresses, they accounted for about 4% of signatures, and many of them could plausibly be from Brits living abroad. Indeed, the countries where they were concentrated - places like, France, Germany and the USA - would support that possibility.

And did you miss the largest ever vote on a single issue in the history of the UK which happened in 2016?
I assumed we were talking about the post-referendum period? In which there's been lots of talk by senior Brexiters about "betrayal" and suchlike, but little popular mobilisation behind that claim, at least so far.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Leavers are in power to be fair or closer to it.

Its similar to how Corbyn was able to generate massive crowds in the election and yet had the Tories have simply put forward the 2015 manifesto again, they would have likely won comfortably.

The ability to shout is somewhat irelevant to the ability to win.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The one children and people overseas, and other groups who are not eligible to vote signed? The one where silly children bragged about muitipul signings?

Oh BTW leavers have been discouraged from protests for fear of being labeled various untrue and damaging nasty demographics without trail or reason. Some leavers have had their pro remain elitest employers tell them to remove pro brexit posts from their social media.

Democracy the remain way
Notsureimsure
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
17,410,742 > 16,141,242
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Leavers are in power to be fair or closer to it.
I agree, but if you only you listen to people like Farage you'd be under the impression that everything is still totally dominated by Remainers and that anything other than No Deal is really Remain by the back door. If Leavers really believe this, why aren't they bringing out big crowds?

Its similar to how Corbyn was able to generate massive crowds in the election and yet had the Tories have simply put forward the 2015 manifesto again, they would have likely won comfortably.

The ability to shout is somewhat irelevant to the ability to win.
Not quite, there are two important roles of big public mobilisations:

i) Indicating intensity of preferences. Protesters for an issue often (not necessarily always, but often) care more about it that those who'll simply vote for it.

ii) The question of what happens if **** hits the fan. In an escalated situation, the ability to mobilise large crowds can be a form of political power unto itself. This is particularly true of mobilisations in the capital city of a highly centralised state.

Not saying the latter should happen, just that it's something any responsible political actor should be aware of.
Last edited by anarchism101; 4 weeks ago
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The one children and people overseas, and other groups who are not eligible to vote signed? The one where silly children bragged about muitipul signings?
Literally addressed all this a few posts up, number #76.

Oh BTW leavers have been discouraged from protests for fear of being labeled various untrue and damaging nasty demographics without trail or reason.
Even if we assume that's true for the sake of argument, why would such labelling be different whether Leavers protested or not?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (4)
36.36%
The paper was reasonable (2)
18.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
9.09%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
36.36%

Watched Threads