American students giving money for slave past?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
TPAULT
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In America they are wanting to charge white Americans students money because of historical slavery...there going to be having a vote on this ...what do you think of this??

My personal opinion this is the most stupid thing I've ever heard...as slavery is still going on today.
Europe imported slaves from Africa to Europe....America imported slaves to America ...Africa was the largest slave trader at the time...where do these Americans think the slaves came from...do they think they stole them from Africa? Africans sold them..before them we had China with slaves Europeans with slaves Greeks, Spanish alsorts...should they all give old slaves so white euros should they get money....seems so stupid...
chloexx9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some people believe black people should be given reparations. I think they shouldn't, it was in the past and slavery is abolished anyway.
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The most blatant piece of vote buying with taxpayers money since Jezza promised to cancel students debt, then reneged on it.

Democrats are desperate.
They get around 90% of the black vote.
It would only need to drop to below 85% and they would be toast.
There is a campaign called "walk away " (started by a Jewish gay chap in NY) encouraging any disheartened Democrats, but especially bame voters, to leave the "political plantation". It's chipping away at that %.
This is their attempt to plug the leak.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 week ago
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TPAULT)
In America they are wanting to charge white Americans students money because of historical slavery...there going to be having a vote on this ...what do you think of this??
One university does not America make. There was a vote and it passed but who really cares about $27 when you're paying tens of thousands already.
Last edited by Sabertooth; 1 week ago
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bunch of idiots
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why would any white student vote in favour of them loosing money because of something that happened before they were born?
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree with this completely. On a related matter, I will be suing every German citizen for their ancestors involvement in the war, causing my grandparents stress and sacrificed wages. I would settle out of court for the measly sum of £5 million.
Lala143
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

My personal opinion this is the most stupid thing I've ever heard...as slavery is still going on today.
Europe imported slaves from Africa to Europe....America imported slaves to America ...Africa was the largest slave trader at the time...where do these Americans think the slaves came from...do they think they stole them from Africa? Africans sold them..before them we had China with slaves Europeans with slaves Greeks, Spanish alsorts...should they all give old slaves so white euros should they get money....seems so stupid...
I'm guessing it's supposed to be compensation for their enslaved ancestors but the people who sold them away and the people who kept them should be responsible for that not uni students.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

It is stupid.No one alive had anything to do with the slave trade.Even then it was mostly the rich who benefited not peasants like you or me.
Lala143
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't remember what video it was but I recently watched a Youtube video that said that some African Americans' grandparents were enslaved.
I know it's an unreliable source but maybe it has some truth to it.
(Original post by chloexx9)
Some people believe black people should be given reparations. I think they shouldn't, it was in the past and slavery is abolished anyway.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by That'sGreat)
I agree with this completely. On a related matter, I will be suing every German citizen for their ancestors involvement in the war, causing my grandparents stress and sacrificed wages. I would settle out of court for the measly sum of £5 million.
Poland is currently trying to get reparations from Germany.
Lala143
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same.
(Original post by That'sGreat)
jk
OctoberRain7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not only is it really unfair to punish someone for something their ancestors did and they didn’t, but it also assumes that every white student’s ancestors owned slaves, which is not going to be the case
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Poland is currently trying to get reparations from Germany.
Against the German government, not directly the people. And that request for $1 trillion in reparations was not serious, it was simply used to stop the Germans/EU forcing Poland to accept more refugees/immigrants.
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lala143)
I can't remember what video it was but I recently watched a Youtube video that said that some African Americans' grandparents were enslaved.
I know it's an unreliable source but maybe it has some truth to it.
US abolished slavery in 1865, it is possible, but they would never have known their grandparents.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OctoberRain7)
Not only is it really unfair to punish someone for something their ancestors did and they didn’t, but it also assumes that every white student’s ancestors owned slaves, which is not going to be the case
Indeed.Its actually a really racist concept when you think about it.Which is just ironic.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Any white person who gives money to any 'reparation' cause is an idiot

ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AJ126)
Indeed.Its actually a really racist concept when you think about it.Which is just ironic.
Except that its ALL undergraduates, not just white ones. The OP has deliberately distorted the facts to trigger people.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Except that its ALL undergraduates, not just white ones. The OP has deliberately distorted the facts to trigger people.
Is it? Well that makes even less sense.How are they going to pay reparations by charging black students.It would be helpful if OP had posted the article really.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Why did you deliberately change the facts? For the record, this only at a single university in the US (Georgetown) and (if approved by the university) will apply to ALL students not just white ones. So why are you trying to trigger people?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (229)
39.35%
No - but I will (40)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (272)
46.74%

Watched Threads