Brunel or Royal Holloway? Watch

Salma1912
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi Everyone,
So for the past few months, I've had trouble picking Brunel or Royal Holloway for LLB Law. I've been to the applicant days and have done much research but are there any students out there (law) that can give me some more pros and cons of the two which the universities might not make clear of? BTW my heart rests more towards RH but I still want to be 100% sure its right.
Thanks!
Bubs051213
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm currently a first year law student at Royal Holloway so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have? I don't know much about the course at Brunel (as I never looked into it) so I can't help you there I'm afraid.
sally_1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you! How are you finding the course so far? Are the.teachers helpful and can you approach them outside of lectures? And what made you decide on RH since its only been doing law for a few years?
(Original post by Bubs051213)
I'm currently a first year law student at Royal Holloway so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have? I don't know much about the course at Brunel (as I never looked into it) so I can't help you there I'm afraid.
Bubs051213
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sally_1912)
Thank you! How are you finding the course so far? Are the.teachers helpful and can you approach them outside of lectures? And what made you decide on RH since its only been doing law for a few years?
I'm really enjoying the course so far! Obviously most law degrees have a certain degree of similarity (especially with what subjects they teach) but I like the structure of my subjects and especially find seminars useful. The staff are very approachable outside of lectures/seminars and usually reply to emails fairly quickly too. The course is new (although I'm the 4th year and you'd be the 5th, so it's not *very* new) but they already have some great links: we have a law-specific careers fair and they're recently launched a scheme for some first year students to have work experience placement with a magic circle firm. There are definitely other examples that I've forgotten!

The atmosphere at RH is what I love most, the campus is small and friendly and also very green and pretty (which is very important to me). Egham is defo a bit quiet but we have pretty decent SU nights out on campus (although I'm not a big party-er so I'm not the best person to judge on that!!!) and its lovely being so close to both Windsor/Virginia Water and London. I'd really recommend the course and the uni, but obviously I can't compare it to Brunel having never studied or even visited there.

Ultimately, I'd decide on wherever you feel most comfortable and can see yourself most!
sally_1912
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks! This is helpful, one more question, what gradea did you get in with? Would they be okay if we were one grade off?
I'm really enjoying the course so far! Obviously most law degrees have a certain degree of similarity (especially with what subjects they teach) but I like the structure of my subjects and especially find seminars useful. The staff are very approachable outside of lectures/seminars and usually reply to emails fairly quickly too. The course is new (although I'm the 4th year and you'd be the 5th, so it's not *very* new) but they already have some great links: we have a law-specific careers fair and they're recently launched a scheme for some first year students to have work experience placement with a magic circle firm. There are definitely other examples that I've forgotten!

The atmosphere at RH is what I love most, the campus is small and friendly and also very green and pretty (which is very important to me). Egham is defo a bit quiet but we have pretty decent SU nights out on campus (although I'm not a big party-er so I'm not the best person to judge on that!!!) and its lovely being so close to both Windsor/Virginia Water and London. I'd really recommend the course and the uni, but obviously I can't compare it to Brunel having never studied or even visited there.

Ultimately, I'd decide on wherever you feel most comfortable and can see yourself most!
Bubs051213
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by sally_1912)
Thanks! This is helpful, one more question, what gradea did you get in with? Would they be okay if we were one grade off?
I had an unconditional offer, so they didn't care about my grades. But the uni is pretty good at taking people who have missed their grades, they usually have spaces in clearing too. Obviously I can't guarantee anything but I expect you'd be fine! x
sally_1912
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thanks
I had an unconditional offer, so they didn't care about my grades. But the uni is pretty good at taking people who have missed their grades, they usually have spaces in clearing too. Obviously I can't guarantee anything but I expect you'd be fine! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads