Year 11-GCSE stress chat Watch

Flower2617
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey I’ve made a chat for year 11’s to just say how they are finding and coping with gcses because I just want others experiences so I don’t feel so alone. Get your worried off your chests so we can all relate and get through this together😂😢😫

Isn’t it mad that it only feels like year 11 started last month and gcses start 3 weeks after half term😫
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Li_ger
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm fine. The only subject I am worried about is computer science but I should be able to learn the spec within the next few weeks
Xxells9837
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am really struggling with gcse's
fish finger fan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am in year 11, and I'm alright with most subjects, it's just English language. Sometimes I do alright and get a 5, other times I only get a 4. I need a 5 for my future plans. Why am I so useless at such an important subject. Really stressed about doing badly in the actual exam.

I like the idea of this forum by the way, it's a really nice idea.

I'm sure we will all turn out fine.
Flower2617
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xxells9837)
I am really struggling with gcse's
Oh same don't worry. When did you start revision? i'm trying to revise all the 15 poems for English Lit paper 2, but there is just too many! i feel way to overwhelmed.
What are you struggling with?
Flower2617
Rep:
?
(Original post by fish finger fan)
I am in year 11, and I'm alright with most subjects, it's just English language. Sometimes I do alright and get a 5, other times I only get a 4. I need a 5 for my future plans. Why am I so useless at such an important subject. Really stressed about doing badly in the actual exam.

I like the idea of this forum by the way, it's a really nice idea.

I'm sure we will all turn out fine.
I'd say I'm worse at english literature. I'm honestly to terrified for GCSE's, i feel no where ready and haven't even properly started revising yet. Have you?

When we go back to school on the 23/4th of April (for my school anyway- cant remember which though), we literally only have 3 weeks left of school before exams start!
Luckily, we dont have to do pe anymore lol, i was always too lazy to do anything.
Delilah23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m in year 12 and this is my advice,
Just think you only have a couple months left of year 11 then you have ages off in the summer to do whatever you want ! If you work hard now and know you’ve tried your absolute best and couldn’t have done anymore then you will enjoy you summer if not your likely to spend your whole summer worrying about results day( like i did). You will regret giving up on the last push, you can do it ! Just keep imagining results day when you open your results, think what you want to see, get motivated from them because you don’t want a results day like I did( I cried(I still got good grades just not what I wanted))
2 months of your life now to get a food start in the rest of your life. 2 months out of at least 40 years surly it’s worth it.
However dont get to stressed, GCSEs arnt everything(unless you wanna go oxbridge) as limg as you get the grades you need for your courses and to get into sixth form or collage then your be fine. You won’t realise how easy GCSEs are until you do a levels. Enjoy GCSEs while you can and work hard now and maybe don’t go out all of Easter and weekends because yours have all of summer to do that !
Good luck In all your exams i hope you smash them and just remember it’s not the end of the world but you summer will be much more enjoyable if you work hard now knowing you did the most you could.
mpaprika
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
haven't finished any course - life is great !
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Flower2617)
I'd say I'm worse at english literature. I'm honestly to terrified for GCSE's, i feel no where ready and haven't even properly started revising yet. Have you?

When we go back to school on the 23/4th of April (for my school anyway- cant remember which though), we literally only have 3 weeks left of school before exams start!
Luckily, we dont have to do pe anymore lol, i was always too lazy to do anything.
I have started revising, I started a couple of months ago, but my grades do not show it. Dreading my exams, but not as much as I dreading results day.

I go back on the 24th, and then have my french speaking on the 25th . At least I've then got a couple of weeks until my next exam.

I hope we don't still have to do pe. I also don't do anything. It is such a waste of my time. Why stand around in a field for just under 2 hours, when I could be revising. If my school still forces us to do pe, I'm speaking to the head of year.
EllieLouise_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Actually mental how fast time is going! Can’t believe we have basically a month before they start, getting super nervous.
SmolPotato
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fish finger fan)
I have started revising, I started a couple of months ago, but my grades do not show it. Dreading my exams, but not as much as I dreading results day.

I go back on the 24th, and then have my french speaking on the 25th . At least I've then got a couple of weeks until my next exam.

I hope we don't still have to do pe. I also don't do anything. It is such a waste of my time. Why stand around in a field for just under 2 hours, when I could be revising. If my school still forces us to do pe, I'm speaking to the head of year.
Have you read the mark scheme or something like that? You could write amazingly and yet not get the marks as you're not doing what the examiners want.

You should really speak about that pe thing to the Head of Year anyway. I mean revision is more important, so they can't really say 'no you can't' when exams are barely a month away.

Oh dear days, I go back on the 29th, and then my art exam starts on the 7th. By the time that's over, all my other exams start.
I wish you the best of luck on your French though! I heard that languages are tough yikes.
fish finger fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SmolPotato)
Have you read the mark scheme or something like that? You could write amazingly and yet not get the marks as you're not doing what the examiners want.

You should really speak about that pe thing to the Head of Year anyway. I mean revision is more important, so they can't really say 'no you can't' when exams are barely a month away.

Oh dear days, I go back on the 29th, and then my art exam starts on the 7th. By the time that's over, all my other exams start.
I wish you the best of luck on your French though! I heard that languages are tough yikes.
Thank you, and good luck. I've heard that the art exams are really long.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The biggest mystery....how is there ONLY one month left??
Honortheledgend
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know I’m so scared! I always felt bad for the year 11s but never REALLY thought I’d have to go through gcses myself. Still don’t believe I have to do them tbh
Flower2617
Rep:
?
Yeah, my whole time at secondary has literally gone in the blink of an eye. I can barely remember year 7. I’m extremely nervous for exams. My parents have told me I’m over working and need some sleep as apparently I’m starting to look quite pasty and ill. This is what GCSEs do to us😢
Hbhossam
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Delilah23)
I’m in year 12 and this is my advice,
Just think you only have a couple months left of year 11 then you have ages off in the summer to do whatever you want ! If you work hard now and know you’ve tried your absolute best and couldn’t have done anymore then you will enjoy you summer if not your likely to spend your whole summer worrying about results day( like i did). You will regret giving up on the last push, you can do it ! Just keep imagining results day when you open your results, think what you want to see, get motivated from them because you don’t want a results day like I did( I cried(I still got good grades just not what I wanted))
2 months of your life now to get a food start in the rest of your life. 2 months out of at least 40 years surly it’s worth it.
However dont get to stressed, GCSEs arnt everything(unless you wanna go oxbridge) as limg as you get the grades you need for your courses and to get into sixth form or collage then your be fine. You won’t realise how easy GCSEs are until you do a levels. Enjoy GCSEs while you can and work hard now and maybe don’t go out all of Easter and weekends because yours have all of summer to do that !
Good luck In all your exams i hope you smash them and just remember it’s not the end of the world but you summer will be much more enjoyable if you work hard now knowing you did the most you could.
Thanks a lot for the advice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Flower2617)
Hey I’ve made a chat for year 11’s to just say how they are finding and coping with gcses because I just want others experiences so I don’t feel so alone. Get your worried off your chests so we can all relate and get through this together😂😢😫

Isn’t it mad that it only feels like year 11 started last month and gcses start 3 weeks after half term😫
I will be honest here biology, maths, English and rs and geography I am struggling with. But I know there is still time to improve. Biology to me it does not make sense to me but other people have different opinions on biology. I'm confident, but not too confident.
Xxells9837
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m struggling with every subject I take. Everything is overwhelming me.I suffer with my mental health which hasn’t helped either.
SHIV4N1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Li_ger)
I'm fine. The only subject I am worried about is computer science but I should be able to learn the spec within the next few weeks
same my class didnt really get taught in yr 10 and then spent most of year 11 on the NEA so ive got to learn the whole course
Honortheledgend
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I know i think it’s absolutely ridiculous and aweful. My parents keep telling me I’m going mad and revising too much but then again they said that if someone told them to revise for three hours back when they did gcses they would have been outraged which I think is obsured since I can barely get anyhting done in three hours. I just want them to be over but I’m so scared... especially for orals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads