Exam stress Watch

jjjjxxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, ive got gcses in a month and i realized i spend a lot of time thinking and getting stressed instead of making the time useful and revise, does anyone have beneficial tips that worked for them?

And please don't say gcses aren't the end of the world lmao ive got asian parents so my ass will be kicked out of the house if i get less that 6
isabelleviolet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lmaooo I rate that the Asian parents part hahaha. basically all u gotta do is find your weak spots from every subject and mainly focus on them cause whats the point spending time on things you already know? make a list from each subject of the things you find hard, then dedicate them each to a day. make sure youre realistic, its good to be ambitious but you gotta know your limits. tick things off as you learn them, but remember to take breaks in between everything.
hope this helped x
BonBon2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jjjjxxx)
Hey, ive got gcses in a month and i realized i spend a lot of time thinking and getting stressed instead of making the time useful and revise, does anyone have beneficial tips that worked for them?

And please don't say gcses aren't the end of the world lmao ive got asian parents so my ass will be kicked out of the house if i get less that 6
make a routine like wake up at 7 revise two hours of this subject than 2 hours of this and each day try your best to finish all the work you set yourself to do, if you feel anxious for the exam you probably have not done enough yet so stop what your doing then work. Delete all distractions more effort it takes you to play ps4 or something less likely you'll do it. If you want motivation think about the regret you would get if you failed you GCSE's on results day imagine if that happened and imagine if you got god grades, that should get you started.
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
lols ygm

What i often also do is plan the day in my head and the list is always too big so i end up regretting every night for thinking that i have not done enough work altough i did work (sorry its a bit confusing but hopefully makes sense) - but thanks for the advice, i reaally need to work on my mathsss
(Original post by isabelleviolet)
lmaooo I rate that the Asian parents part hahaha. basically all u gotta do is find your weak spots from every subject and mainly focus on them cause whats the point spending time on things you already know? make a list from each subject of the things you find hard, then dedicate them each to a day. make sure youre realistic, its good to be ambitious but you gotta know your limits. tick things off as you learn them, but remember to take breaks in between everything.
hope this helped x
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
yepp thats smart ill defo use that method THANKUUHH
(Original post by BonBon2)
make a routine like wake up at 7 revise two hours of this subject than 2 hours of this and each day try your best to finish all the work you set yourself to do, if you feel anxious for the exam you probably have not done enough yet so stop what your doing then work. Delete all distractions more effort it takes you to play ps4 or something less likely you'll do it. If you want motivation think about the regret you would get if you failed you GCSE's on results day imagine if that happened and imagine if you got god grades, that should get you started.
isabelleviolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
brooo my maths is weak on another level fr. what subjects have you taken?
lols ygm

What i often also do is plan the day in my head and the list is always too big so i end up regretting every night for thinking that i have not done enough work altough i did work (sorry its a bit confusing but hopefully makes sense) - but thanks for the advice, i reaally need to work on my mathsss
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
meths(ew), english, combined science, history, spanish, citizenship, italian, bengali

what about you?
brooo my maths is weak on another level fr. what subjects have you taken?
isabelleviolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
maths, both englishes, bio, chem and physics , drama, rs and business. my options are alright I hate my cores I hate the subjects that involve maths fr. I rate that your taking 2 languages that's sick to be fair
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
oh yeah i do rs too, and its compulsory for us
And trusss i got all 8s for my options compared to my core subjects, 4 -7
Ive always had so much hatred for maths like give me an option to write 5 essays for macbeth or a 5 marker for maths istg ill pick the 5 essays
What are ur strongest subjects?
maths, both englishes, bio, chem and physics , drama, rs and business. my options are alright I hate my cores I hate the subjects that involve maths fr. I rate that your taking 2 languages that's sick to be fair
Ailurophile03
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
meths(ew), english, combined science, history, spanish, citizenship, italian, bengali

what about you?
wow i also had bengali
i didn't have italian for gcse but cam speak italian fluently
Last edited by Ailurophile03; 1 week ago
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
i kinda regret picking italian tho coz although i understand, i cant speak lol and for bengali i cant spell. How was bengali?what grade did u get?
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
wow i also had bengali
i didn't have italian for gcse but cam speak italian fluently
Ailurophile03
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i kinda regret picking italian tho coz although i understand, i cant speak lol and for bengali i cant spell. How was bengali?what grade did u get?
it wasnt that great, B
there are just too many alphabets with the same function
oh i see, the only reason i can speak italian is because i lived there for 12 years, i wish i did italian gcse
isabelleviolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sameeee Im getting 5's in maths chem and physics cause they all involve maths I cbaaaaaaaa. all 3 sciences are compulsory for us and we gotta take 4 options. why's rs compulsory for you lot? a language used to be compulsory for us but they ended u bringing the average grade from our school down to a 7 instead of an 8, so we don't have to anymore. I sweae down , my school only care about grades. my best subject is drama I love performinggggg
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
oh thats not bad considering u grew up in italy, i lived there for 10 years and its annoying i forgot so much.
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
it wasnt that great, B
there are just too many alphabets with the same function
oh i see, the only reason i can speak italian is because i lived there for 12 years, i wish i did italian gcse
jjjjxxx
Rep:
?
ahh all 3 compulsory? Thats unfair, u should be able to chose if u wanna do combined or triple. We have 3 options luckily, and extra languages are available if anyone wants. Our schools really multicultural and most people belong to some kind of religion(specially christianity and islam) so thats why, but trust me everyones failing it, like even me im a muslim and i dropped to a 5 from the 8s i used to get before SAME they care about grades but dont provide proper teachers, like honestly the main reason why im so bad at maths is bcoz i havent had good teachers. Oh drama?Thats niceee, i remeber drama lessons used to be really fun. People in my year have finished their drama gcse like last month, how lucky they got one less subject to worry about. Have u done urs??
sameeee Im getting 5's in maths chem and physics cause they all involve maths I cbaaaaaaaa. all 3 sciences are compulsory for us and we gotta take 4 options. why's rs compulsory for you lot? a language used to be compulsory for us but they ended u bringing the average grade from our school down to a 7 instead of an 8, so we don't have to anymore. I sweae down , my school only care about grades. my best subject is drama I love performinggggg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (370)
37.26%
No - but I will (75)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed