GCSE Watch

Peazz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my exams are coming up, I was wondering if anyone has any good revision sites or tips you can share with me and also any tips on how to deal with stress.
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Peazz)
my exams are coming up, I was wondering if anyone has any good revision sites or tips you can share with me and also any tips on how to deal with stress.
Physics and maths tutor is a good website for maths, bio, chem, phys - has notes and past paper questions for different exam boards.

Tips:
- Use the spec! Go through every spec a few days before your exam and make sure you can tick everything off so you're prepared for anything that could come up
- Question practise - practise as much as possible, especailly for maths and science
- Key vocabulary - this is the main difference between top grade and lower ones. Know the vocab and make sure you use it!
- Make sure to ask your teachers to go through anything you aren't sure about. And ask them to mark some essays/question practise to make sure you're using the correct techniques.
- Know what the mark scheme wants and how to answer different types of questions - and implement that.

I'm can't help much with stress but remember exams will be over soon. You're almost through it and then you can relax for months! Take time at least once a day to relax e.g. read, watch TV, go for a walk. I wouldn't recommend TV or YouTube tbh because it's addictive and time goes fast so it makes it seem like you had a too-short break. Walks are good - get some fresh air! Also change up your scenary a bit maybe revise outside for a while.
Also, just remember - everyone is in the same boat and if the exam is difficult, you haven't necessarily done badly on it because everyone will have found it hard so grade boundaries will be lower.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (370)
37.26%
No - but I will (75)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed