The Student Room Group

Sixth form uniform

Yo so uniform at our 6th form is smart stuff so suits for guys

How many suits do you have/should you have?
Not totally sure cos it's expensive enough having one nice suit.

Only problem with having one nice patterned suit is that if I keep wearing it, won't it look weird? So should I buy one normal/cheap suit and one nice one?

Even then I dunno if I can get a cheap one and a nice one at the same time cos money's still money right?

I can change shirts obviously and ties and stuff aren't a problem, it's just I'm not completely sure how to go about the suits

What do you think?
Reply 1
Smart doesn’t necessarily mean a full suit, a white shirt and black/grey trousers will work fine. And also a tie. Don’t need to spend a lot of money especially for sixth from that would be silly
Original post by Randoman019
Yo so uniform at our 6th form is smart stuff so suits for guys

How many suits do you have/should you have?
Not totally sure cos it's expensive enough having one nice suit.

Only problem with having one nice patterned suit is that if I keep wearing it, won't it look weird? So should I buy one normal/cheap suit and one nice one?

Even then I dunno if I can get a cheap one and a nice one at the same time cos money's still money right?

I can change shirts obviously and ties and stuff aren't a problem, it's just I'm not completely sure how to go about the suits

What do you think?

Bro only 1 or 2 suits from somewhere like next will do you fine, then a shirt for each day and possibly a spare pair of trousers, if I were you I’d keep it plain, so navy and charcoal grey
Except it does mean suits
Original post by Caitx14
Smart doesn’t necessarily mean a full suit, a white shirt and black/grey trousers will work fine. And also a tie. Don’t need to spend a lot of money especially for sixth from that would be silly
Reply 4
Original post by Randoman019
Except it does mean suits

Well if they said a full suit just buy cheap ones. It’s sixth form.
Reply 5
I bought 2 suits from Next to begin with. I like the colour blue, so bought a medium blue one, and a navy blue one. I’d recommend shops like Next, River Island, Moss Bros etc. I find machine washable ones useful, and they tend to be slightly cheaper. I’d say roughly £80 is a good price on a normal 2 piece suit, any less and the suit is not very nice quality, and any more and that’s too expensive to be fair. I bought another suit around Christmas time so I have three now, I’d say having 2 is fine. In terms of shirts, I have about 6 now I think, and usually wear 2 per week as one day I have PE per week. You can buy multiple packs of them, most of my shirts are from next too. Some other shows you might want to try are Burton, Slaters, John Lewis as well. Personally fancy style and whatever doesn’t really matter, just don’t spend too much money but add some personality with more unique ties if you want to.
Thank you
Original post by Caitx14
Well if they said a full suit just buy cheap ones. It’s sixth form.
Thanks a lot, big help. I wasn't sure how much to spend n stuff and how many shirts. Cheers mate
Original post by Deggs_14
I bought 2 suits from Next to begin with. I like the colour blue, so bought a medium blue one, and a navy blue one. I’d recommend shops like Next, River Island, Moss Bros etc. I find machine washable ones useful, and they tend to be slightly cheaper. I’d say roughly £80 is a good price on a normal 2 piece suit, any less and the suit is not very nice quality, and any more and that’s too expensive to be fair. I bought another suit around Christmas time so I have three now, I’d say having 2 is fine. In terms of shirts, I have about 6 now I think, and usually wear 2 per week as one day I have PE per week. You can buy multiple packs of them, most of my shirts are from next too. Some other shows you might want to try are Burton, Slaters, John Lewis as well. Personally fancy style and whatever doesn’t really matter, just don’t spend too much money but add some personality with more unique ties if you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest