Hull assessment day social work Watch

kylieg123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi has anyone had the assessment day for hull university for MA social work and can give me some advice on what to expect in the written test and interview please
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
ejva
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I don’t know whether you have had your interview, but I’m applying for the 2019/2020 social work at Hull, and my selection day is on Friday. How was the process?
kylieg123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It was really nice actually. First they sit u I’m a group give you a case study and between you all ask you questions about it then u have a written piece so they give you a few questions to chose from then you answer just one, then they give you another case study to look at but they ask you the questions about it on your own In your interview. Then your interview is about 6 questions and nothing that’s trying to catch you out just. Normal interview questions.
(Original post by ejva)
Hi I don’t know whether you have had your interview, but I’m applying for the 2019/2020 social work at Hull, and my selection day is on Friday. How was the process?
ejva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there any advice with the written piece, or is it essentially testing grammar and English skills? Also, did you apply for the bursary, and if so are you eligible or have you had to apply for SFE. X
(Original post by kylieg123)
It was really nice actually. First they sit u I’m a group give you a case study and between you all ask you questions about it then u have a written piece so they give you a few questions to chose from then you answer just one, then they give you another case study to look at but they ask you the questions about it on your own In your interview. Then your interview is about 6 questions and nothing that’s trying to catch you out just. Normal interview questions.
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The bursary’s are allocated on whoever does the best at the selection day. Good luck - I’m there tomorrow also
ejva
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good luck as well 😊
(Original post by Leanne4321)
The bursary’s are allocated on whoever does the best at the selection day. Good luck - I’m there tomorrow also
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thankyou. Don’t feel like I’m prepared enough!!!
(Original post by ejva)
Good luck as well 😊
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did everyone do? I just found out I got a place on the MA social work and allocated a bursary place 🙌😀
ejva
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Same here!!! Well done 🥳🥳🥳
How did everyone do? I just found out I got a place on the MA social work and allocated a bursary place 🙌😀
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
See you in September 😃
(Original post by ejva)
Same here!!! Well done 🥳🥳🥳
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which girl are you by the Way? We must have been in the same group for the exercise x
See you in September 😃
ejva
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was in the group discussion with the female lecturer (I cannot remember her name)
Which girl are you by the Way? We must have been in the same group for the exercise x
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, so was I! Did you do the law degree or he sociology one xx
ejva
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sociology! Hahah yes I know who you are now xx
Yes, so was I! Did you do the law degree or he sociology one xx
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done!! Should be so of yourself, you did fantastic xx
sukogipa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TSR_Ollie)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
show that you;'re caring
ejva
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks! You too, how did your friend do?xx
Well done!! Should be so of yourself, you did fantastic xx
Leanne4321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ejva)
Thanks! You too, how did your friend do?xx
She got in too!! Xx would love to know how the others did x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%