The Student Room Group

Oxford Parents Association

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brightonmama
So Dan has been allocated Jesus College ( he got 4 A stars by the way!!!). We don't know much about Jesus. Anyone got any info?

Fantastic result! I don't know much about Jesus. However, it's beautiful, in a great location, and by about week 2, I can guarantee that your son will think it's the best college at Oxford ( my son does about Oriel!!).
Original post by ReadingMum
She caved and hit Track at 8:20 - Cambridge it is :smile:
The whole experience has been somewhat marred by her not getting the grades she believes she was capable of in an exam. Of the 3 I would have said the one she got a star for was the shaky one. She is going to contact school about appealing. Sad that she should be so happy but there is a cloud over it all.

Hooray for a good outcome though! :bl:

I think the one of the big trends in these results is students performing better than they thought in the subjects they like the least, and vice versa. :smile:
Original post by Ghostlady
Omg, so chuffed . She got the grades :smile:
A*Physics
A Maths
A Chemistry
A Further Maths.

Lancasters already sent an email accepting her in (she was on unconditional anyway) but with these grades she gets the scholarship award :smile:

Yipeee :biggrin: :bl:
Congratulations to her. :awesome:
Original post by OrielMum
Original post by ProudMumm)Thank you. 😊
@ProudMumm. Which college?

St. John's
Original post by ProudMumm
St. John's

Lovely!! 👍
So Dan has been allocated Jesus College ( he got 4 A stars by the way!!!). We don't know much about Jesus. Anyone got any info?

Yes yes yes :smile: My daughter had her interview and stayed in Jesus College. Gorgeous place in the heart of the city and right next to the covered market. He is going to love it there. My daughter said the food was extremely good and the college porters were so helpful on the day.
Well done for your son getting 4A*s :biggrin:
Original post by Ghostlady
Thank you Charlotte, and all the best for the future for you too. We watch your videos on you tube and so glad you got the grades too :smile:

Thank you so much <3
Charlotte :smile:

Well done to your son and you! My son and I visited Jesus College during open day. It's small and centrally located pretty much opposite Trinity from what I remember. The student doing the tour said that one of the benefactors gives every student £300 during their course to travel. He's going to love it! Congrats again.
(edited 3 years ago)
Oriel it is for my daughter 😃. Arrived at school at 7.50am. She wanted the whole envelop opening before looking at track. Predicted 3x A* but ended up with A* A A. She was a little deflated about that but ranking seems key in how things were awarded. Anyway, at the end of the day she’s going to OXFORD UNI.....for real!

So glad this is now over for her. Congratulations to others who have got their outcomes. I need to lie down. I really hope she gets a letter or something official from Oriel soon as I still can’t quite believe it.
Original post by OxfordIQ
Oriel it is for my daughter 😃. Arrived at school at 7.50am. She wanted the whole envelop opening before looking at track. Predicted 3x A* but ended up with A* A A. She was a little deflated about that but ranking seems key in how things were awarded. Anyway, at the end of the day she’s going to OXFORD UNI.....for real!

So glad this is now over for her. Congratulations to others who have got their outcomes. I need to lie down. I really hope she gets a letter or something official from Oriel soon as I still can’t quite believe it.

And Oriel is fantastic. I have that on very good authority (my son!) What will she be reading? It's a very friendly college...she will love it!! Congratulations! Time to celebrate 🥂🥂

Thats fabulous news well done to your daughter :smile: so pleased.
Oriel it is for my daughter 😃. Arrived at school at 7.50am. She wanted the whole envelop opening before looking at track. Predicted 3x A* but ended up with A* A A. She was a little deflated about that but ranking seems key in how things were awarded.

Exactly the same here. She has sent an email to school about how to appeal - to be actioned after they have helped anyone who actually needs help now. This enabled her to draw a line and move on with the rest of today without dwelling. She is now making a shopping list!

My daughter has got a place at Jesus College. We went to the offer holders day earlier on this year - loved it! There is a facebook Jesus College freshers group
Congratulations to your daughter! Dan is worried about it being a bit small. But maybe that can be a plus too. What did you like about it?

It was my daughter's first choice after reading that it is known as the Welsh College (she didn't visit it during the open day she attended). It has a reputation for being one of the friendliest colleges and we certainly got that vibe during the parent's tour.
My son has just graduated from Jesus College. A lovely friendly college and so central.
Original post by E's Dad
My daughter has got a place at Jesus College. We went to the offer holders day earlier on this year - loved it! There is a facebook Jesus College freshers group

My do. Has just graduated from Jesus College. He loved it!
Oh thank you! We’re starting to get excited x

My son has just graduated from Jesus College. It’s a great college, really friendly and central. Building new accommodation and a library with a roof terrace. Congratulations to your son

I am so happy to see this! Oriel is simply the best! Om me if you want to talk about oriel xx
Original post by E's Dad

Omg omg omg- I logged into tsr over my lunchtime especially to read this.

Eyes filling with tears as I type Go Oxford medics !!!!!!
Any other proud Oxford parents as of today, come out of your lurking places and celebrate with us!

Quick Reply

Latest