The Student Room Group

Emailing for work experience

What should I include when asking through email for work experience?
Completely lost in how and what I should write!
Reply 1
Subject: Work Experience Enquiry (Year -your yeargroup-)

Hi,

My name is -Your name- and I’m emailing to enquire about the possibility of doing a work experience placement at -Place name-.

I am in year -Year number- and would like to do a placement here because -reason e.g I want to go into a related field, this company does X and Y, etc-.

The dates that I am hoping to get a placement for are -dates of your work experience week or other holidays when you might be free-.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information that would be useful to you, and thank you for your consideration.

Yours faithfully,
-Your name-
-Your school name-
(edited 5 years ago)
the above is great^

you may also want to attach a CV and add 'please find my CV attached'

also may want to add your mobile no at the end of email so they can contact you quickly and promptly for any update or changes
The above is pretty good- I'd also add in a section about what specifically appeals to you about their company. This shows you have researched them and aren't just firing out a scattershot of emails (even if you are :wink: ). Companies tend to really like this.

I'd also attach your CV, focusing on any relevant skills and experience you might have. If you really don't have anything to include on a CV right now, maybe highlight some useful skills you have in your email.

It may also be worth ringing the company and asking who is best to direct your email too, rather than just sending it to a generic reception email address.
Original post by jtkai
Subject: Work Experience Enquiry (Year -your yeargroup-)

Hi,

My name is -Your name- and I’m emailing to enquire about the possibility of doing a work experience placement at -Place name-.

I am in year -Year number- and would like to do a placement here because -reason e.g I want to go into a related field, this company does X and Y, etc-.

The dates that I am hoping to get a placement for are -dates of your work experience week or other holidays when you might be free-.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information that would be useful to you, and thank you for your consideration.

Yours faithfully,
-Your name-
-Your school name-

I agree.
Also, maybe add in a section about what specifically appeals to you about their company. This shows you have researched them.
It might also be worth attaching your CV as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending