My friend doesn't want to pay me back Watch

DeathTheSister
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So my friends and I decided to go on a holiday abroad. Originally, there was 6 people (including me) in the holiday. But then, one of my friends decided to back out and cancelled her place. She originally agreed to pay us £200 since that was how much she needed to pay for the cancellation fee. At first, she was paying me but for a few months, she hasn't been paying. She needs to pay only £50, and the last time she paid was January 2019.
To avoid any problems, I paid the £200 to Tui and she owes me £200. Just need her to pay the final £50. I haven't talked to her in person yet, since I don't see her around college that much, but she has been ignoring my messages/leaving them as 'read', whenever I text her. After Easter, I will confront her. Would that be a good idea?
She originally had a job but I heard from my friends that she quit her job. The lack of payment would then make sense but I always see her going out drinking with her friends on Snapchat. My friends also said that she is saving up for a car. This is very frustrating and I don't know what to do. I don't have a job and £50 is a lot for someone who isn't working. What should I say? What should I do if she doesn't want to pay? Any advice on this?
_WOLF_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My advice is get it sorted as soon as you can. Just tell her that she owes you £50 and that she needs to pay you back. If she says that she hasn’t got the money then tell her to pay you like £10 for 5 weeks or something like that just so you sort it out.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DeathTheSister
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you for the advice. Will definitely bring it up
(Original post by _WOLF_)
My advice is get it sorted as soon as you can. Just tell her that she owes you £50 and that she needs to pay you back. If she says that she hasn’t got the money then tell her to pay you like £10 for 5 weeks or something like that just so you sort it out.
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is your script:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.49%
No - but I will (42)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (290)
46.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed