how to not procrastinate?

Watch this thread
motivatedmadman
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I understand that im wasting valuable time during easter to revise for my gcses but I feel so demotivated since I have so much content to cover
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
:iiam:
SHIV4N1
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
im in kinda the same situation. i recommend doing past papers and then the questions you do badly are the topics / areas you need to revise
motivatedmadman
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SHIV4N1)
im in kinda the same situation. i recommend doing past papers and then the questions you do badly are the topics / areas you need to revise
do you also go to a comprehensive school?
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ljerin1)
I understand that im wasting valuable time during easter to revise for my gcses but I feel so demotivated since I have so much content to cover
Take some time out to enjoy the holidays and not work. Even if for just a couple days. Recoup and rest your mind of worrying about revising. Then hopefully you can start revision again feeling refreshed and in a good place. Over time it can really tire you out and you lose motivation or ability to push yourself to do work :hugs:

Good luck!
JJ Kirby
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I am doing fine with science's but when it comes to revising all the history and English topics I sit here for hours procrastinating...

In fact I am right now reading this.
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ljerin1)
When you figure it out tell me yh? :top:
rariora
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I remember procrastinating for my A Levels and I failed them. I thought back and tried to discover WHY I procrastinated. The reason was I had an anxiety confronting content I wasn't familiar with/studied before and avoided it by making tiramisu or like walking to the park etc. Try to understand why you are procrastinating and understand if you DO procrastinate you wont get a decent grade. the content needs to be covered by you.
Zarek
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I find it incredibly difficult not to procrastinate when there is something I don't want to do. The best strategy I have is to set a small reward if I do something without procrastination. With regard to revision some form of timetable, the vision of the pleasure when the exams are successfully behind you and the fear of failure can also be used.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 3 years ago
Try changing the way that you revise to make it more “fun”. There are a ton of online resources and videos out there that won’t take too much energy to check out. If you do even a tiny bit of revision, even five minutes per subject per day, you’ll feel so much better for it and find it easier to revise more if you’re doing something at least.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads