The Student Room Group

gcse revision

I've just lost motivation now...idk if i've overworked myself in like december and february but today i just feel really lazy. Also I'm stressed out that all year 11s are revising all day everyday
were in the same boat hun x
yeah but I'm not actually revising right now and i feel like everyone is...
Original post by ljerin1
were in the same boat hun x
guess the boat that we're in is the titanic then
I’m in year 12 and this is my advice,
Just think you only have a couple months left of year 11 then you have ages off in the summer to do whatever you want ! If you work hard now and know you’ve tried your absolute best and couldn’t have done anymore then you will enjoy you summer if not your likely to spend your whole summer worrying about results day( like i did). You will regret giving up on the last push, you can do it ! Just keep imagining results day when you open your results, think what you want to see, get motivated from them because you don’t want a results day like I did( I cried(I still got good grades just not what I wanted))
2 months of your life now to get a food start in the rest of your life. 2 months out of at least 40 years surly it’s worth it.
However dont get to stressed, GCSEs arnt everything(unless you wanna go oxbridge) as limg as you get the grades you need for your courses and to get into sixth form or collage then your be fine. You won’t realise how easy GCSEs are until you do a levels. Enjoy GCSEs while you can and work hard now and maybe don’t go out all of Easter and weekends because yours have all of summer to do that !
Good luck In all your exams i hope you smash them and just remember it’s not the end of the world but you summer will be much more enjoyable if you work hard now knowing you did the most you could.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bubble123987
I've just lost motivation now...idk if i've overworked myself in like december and february but today i just feel really lazy. Also I'm stressed out that all year 11s are revising all day everyday

Same:frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Delilah23
Just think you only have a couple months left of year 11 then you have ages off in the summer to do whatever you want ! If you work hard now and know you’ve tried your absolute best and couldn’t have done anymore then you will enjoy you summer if not your likely to spend your whole summer worrying about results day( like i did). You will regret giving up on the last push, you can do it ! Just keep imagining results day when you open your results, think what you want to see, get motivated from them because you don’t want a results day like I did( I cried(I still got good grades just not what I wanted))
2 months of your life now to get a food start in the rest of your life. 2 months out of at least 40 years surly it’s worth it.
However dont get to stressed, GCSEs arnt everything(unless you wanna go oxbridge) as limg as you get the grades you need for your courses and to get into sixth form or collage then your be fine. You won’t realise how easy GCSEs are until you do a levels. Enjoy GCSEs while you can and work hard now and maybe don’t go out all of Easter and weekends because yours have all of summer to do that !
Good luck In all your exams i hope you smash them and just remember it’s not the end of the world but you summer will be much more enjoyable if you work hard now knowing you did the most you could.

so true

Thank-You for this
zoey you told me don't let anything bring you down I believe you can do it
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Same:frown:
Original post by 2838676907
zoey you told me don't let anything bring you down I believe you can do it

Thanks for this....it was much needed
you are welcome
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Thanks for this....it was much needed
Reply 11
What you need is discipline. Motivation aids you, but discipline determines whether you will accomplish what you want. Create a revision timetable asap. Meditate in the morning for 10 mins (try less if it's hard) to reduce stress. Write in a diary/journal explaining how everyday went so that you able to improve little by little each day. Remember to most importantly relax. Take some time out to do the things you love because those things will motivate you to be the best you possible.
Thanks for this!

Quick Reply

Latest