The Student Room Group

about birth control

I have been prescribed Rigidevon.
I have 2 questions:
1. I go on holiday tomorrow. I am wondering if I should take tomorrow. This is going to be my FIRST time taking the pill. I have not been on any birth control method before. Should I take it during my holiday or after I come back from it? As I'm not sure about the side effects?
2. The flight is going to be 9+ hours. The coach ride will be long also. Will this mean it will be dangerous for me to go on the pill during my holiday? Should I just wait until after I come back? Since I do not want to risk a blood clot on the flight and coach.

Thank-you.
Original post by Anonymous
I have 2 questions:
1. I go on holiday tomorrow. I am wondering if I should take tomorrow. This is going to be my FIRST time taking the pill. I have not been on any birth control method before. Should I take it during my holiday or after I come back from it? As I'm not sure about the side effects?
2. The flight is going to be 9+ hours. The coach ride will be long also. Will this mean it will be dangerous for me to go on the pill during my holiday? Should I just wait until after I come back? Since I do not want to risk a blood clot on the flight and coach.

Thank-you.

Give a pharmacy a call they'll be able to help you, its up to you whether you start taking it as you may experience side effects. Many people on contraceptives take flights, yes there's an increased risk but its not a high risk.
Original post by Anonymous
I have 2 questions:

Thank-you.

1) Doesn't really matter. The only reason to start it tomorrow would be if it was the first day of your cycle as then you would be protected from pregnancy straight away,
2) The risk of a clot is only very slightly increased with the pill. Not taking it is not a guarantee that you won't get one, and being on the pill is not a contraindication to flying/

Quick Reply

Latest