The Student Room Group

Oxford Refill Pads?

Hi guys,

I just brought an Oxford Refill Pad (300pages) and the paper is great quality and that but as soon as i flick over a page it falls out? The reviews online
(edited 4 years ago)
I believe the point of them is you use them to "fill" (hence, refill) a ring binder or lever arch file. So they're meant to come out of the pad, and then you put them in a folder. I'm not totally sure though, but for the very thick ones the pages do normally come out quite easily as I recall (I tended to get the spiral bound notebooks or properly bound hardback ones sometimes as a result). As I recall the slimmer refill pads didn't have that happen so much?
(edited 4 years ago)
Damn, i never knew that i just liked the quality of this book and picked it up, ive already written on it and made a key on front (non removable), do you think WHSmith might exchange it?
Original post by FahadMuh247
Damn, i never knew that i just liked the quality of this book and picked it up, ive already written on it and made a key on front (non removable), do you think WHSmith might exchange it?

I doubt it if it's been marked :/

If you get a ring binder then you can still use it though. Also, even without taking the pages out individually to put in a ring binder (or lever arch) what I've seen some people do is just put the entire refill pad into the binder as the holes go through the cover/back page as well I think - this way even if a page comes off while turning, it's still "secured" into the binder :smile: (maybe it's meant to be used like that actually :s-smilie: Idk, I was never very organised and so was generally lucky to turn up to lessons with both pen and paper in any form, much less have any sophisticated system of using stationery properly lmao)
Mums for real i am so unorganised, but I thought let me fix up so i went and brought this notebook for £6 and now it falls off😭. Thankyou so much for your ideas though
Original post by FahadMuh247
Hi guys,

I just brought an Oxford Refill Pad (300pages) and the paper is great quality and that but as soon as i flick over a page it falls out? The reviews online & the book says I should be able to write on both sides of the paper, so there is a way to stop the paper from coming out or am i pulling too hard??

Thanks,

It is not meant to be a bound book that you can write in, but a pad of paper intended for ring binders, hence the paper comes away. If you want a bound book, then buy one.

https://www.theworks.co.uk/c/stationery/notepads/a4-notebooks

Quick Reply

Latest