Barefoot in PE Watch

Jordan1020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Does anyone remember this? If you were climbing, everyone would have to take their shoes or socks off? In primary school, ages ago (I was in year 5, now I'm year 10) I remember being forced to go barefoot, if you refused you would be pinned and the teacher would take your socks off and not give them back till the end of the day, so you would be barefoot the whole day, the teacher took your shoes and socks! I remember in year 5, I had to get changed in the same room as the girls, one side girls other side boys because we all got too loud in the changing rooms!
Last edited by Jordan1020; 2 days ago
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jordan1020)
Does anyone remember this? If you were climbing, everyone would have to take their shoes or socks off? In primary school, 12 years ago (I was in year 5, now I'm year 10) I remember being forced to go barefoot, if you refused you would be pinned and the teacher would take your socks off and not give them back till the end of the day, so you would be barefoot the whole day, the teacher took your shoes and socks! I remember in year 5, I had to get changed in the same room as the girls, one side girls other side boys because we all got too loud in the changing rooms!
Yeah I think it's pretty normal to go barefoot when climbing at primary school. Wearing socks would have been slippy and dangerous.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Is this yet another fetish thread?
Jordan1020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
^ No, curious, I don't have a fetish.
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Yeah I think it's pretty normal to go barefoot when climbing at primary school. Wearing socks would have been slippy and dangerous.
It's not, you wear trainers. (mostly pumps)
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Does anyone remember this? If you were climbing, everyone would have to take their shoes or socks off? In primary school, 12 years ago (I was in year 5, now I'm year 10) I remember being forced to go barefoot, if you refused you would be pinned and the teacher would take your socks off and not give them back till the end of the day, so you would be barefoot the whole day, the teacher took your shoes and socks! I remember in year 5, I had to get changed in the same room as the girls, one side girls other side boys because we all got too loud in the changing rooms!
:hmmm: this is my literal face
(Original post by YaliaV)
DYING
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Wait you got to use your schools climbing wall ?
Jordan1020
Rep:
?
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
Wait you got to use your schools climbing wall ?
Like twice in 6 years, they used to complain about us not using stuff and the school wasting money, when you rarely got to use apparatus or the climbing wall.
Study_Girl 7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yes- I hated it- we used to do PE barefeet- I always used to feel disgusted as everyone's feet used to come back covered in dirt and some people even got foot infections from the floor
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Like twice in 6 years, they used to complain about us not using stuff and the school wasting money, when you rarely got to use apparatus or the climbing wall.
Wow I think my school had one if you so much as touched it you got in trouble we also had a trampoline when I asked it was ever used they sad no because it's not safe why keep it then if your never going to use it.
Jordan1020
Rep:
?
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
Wow I think my school had one if you so much as touched it you got in trouble we also had a trampoline when I asked it was ever used they sad no because it's not safe why keep it then if your never going to use it.
Ikr.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Only thing we did barefoot was swimming.
Dunya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
We did Judo and TKD barefoot, everything else was verruca protected.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
When I was in infants (5-7) pe was done in your pants.
And vest if you had one but more often than not we didn’t. Boys and girls together Socks would have been a luxury!!!!
Bill Nye
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
We always did PE barefoot in primary. We wore daps but took them off as soon as we got to the hall

Boys and girls got changed in the same rooms until year 5
Chronoscope
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
We did in primary school until some kid in my class got stood on a display pin and made his foot bleed. After that we had to wear plimsolls.
In highschool if we were in the gym we had to go barefoot - hated it tbh it was kinda gross.
NJbabe
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
That's actually unsanitary. I recently read this article on gross skin infections that you can get at the gym (which apply to PE as well): https://greatist.com/fitness/skin-in...usxfdsSArXoNot to mention that working out barefoot can cause heel pain especially as you're growing up. One of the physicians mentioned in that article has a nice blog post on that too. https://www.premier-podiatry.com/blo...ithout-surgery
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Was normal when I were a lad. We got changed in our classrooms.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Only thing we did barefoot was swimming.
That's right and half of us caught veruccas (the other half passed on the veruccas)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.36%
No - but I will (43)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (291)
46.56%

Watched Threads