How do you stay up late? Watch

Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been trying to stay up late to complete more work that I want to do but I find it so hard to do so. What are your tips for staying up late?
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 7489365)
I have been trying to stay up late to complete more work that I want to do but I find it so hard to do so. What are your tips for staying up late?
Don't do it. Go to bed at a good time, get a full 8 hours sleep, wake up at a good time in the morning and spend the day being productive.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cold Shower and a Coffee.

You're set, but as above has said, avoid them.
Jamesman1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A blonde hooker with a huge pair of crackers usually does the trick for me.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
During the day I have different extracurriculars, volunteering, job etc. As annoying as it is I have to force myself to work late because I don't have a full day to be productive but obviously I try to work around it.
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 7489365)
During the day I have different extracurriculars, volunteering, job etc. As annoying as it is I have to force myself to work late because I don't have a full day to be productive but obviously I try to work around it.
If you're struggling to manage your studies and all the extra stuff, then cut down on some of the extra stuff. Studies and health come first, extra stuff comes last. You'll just end up failing at your studies and the extra stuff if you're sacrificing a good nights rest.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Birmingham City University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi 7489365,

Does your volunteering work on a rota or shifts? Is there any chance you can speak to a manager regarding this and see if you can reorganize or cut down your hours during exam season? Have you heard of something called the Gannt chart? You might find it really useful to help you plan out your schedule, and identify any gap of time, or how you can redistribute your time so you don't feel under pressure to stay up late. Our student George has some great advice in his video too.

If you are trying to stay up late to revise avoid drinks like coffee or energy drinks as they will really inhibit your ability to sleep after the revision session. It probably sounds counter productive, as you want the caffeine to help you revise, but actually you're making the sleep you will be getting worse quality. Drink lost and lots of water through the day, you'll be surprised how much staying properly hydrated, will help you feel more awake and keep you healthy. You may also find it easier to revise in a room that isn't your bedroom. This will help you associate your room with resting and sleep - not revision. It will also help you to avoid the temptation of crawling into bed if you're trying to revise.

Best of luck with the revision, hopefully things will get more manageable for you soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (370)
37.26%
No - but I will (75)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (478)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed