Mango08
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My revsion is just 16 markers for every single topic. This way I think it will get into my head and I will read content for 15 minutes then write a 16 marker and see what I remember... Good/No?
username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mango08)
My revsion is just 16 markers for every single topic. This way I think it will get into my head and I will read content for 15 minutes then write a 16 marker and see what I remember... Good/No?
Yes, that's what I do. Are you in Yr 13?
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not the best idea. Good essay technique is worth about 30% of the marks in 16 markers. The rest is content. You can’t predict what’s going to come up on the 16 markers and the revision process for content can’t just be around 16 markers.
To revise content, concentrate on revising what you don’t know rather than what you do.
Read through your notes.
Write new ones as you go. Then put aside.
Recall everything you can.
Revise what you couldn’t.
Repeat your recall. Repeat revision as necessary. When you’re at about 90% recall, move on to your next topic.

Keep your revision topped up and refreshed by reviewing every couple of days. In the mean time, concentrate on refining your essay techniques.
Mango08
Rep:
?
Yes
(Original post by *Alisha*)
Yes, that's what I do. Are you in Yr 13?
Mango08
Rep:
?
(Original post by giella)
Not the best idea. Good essay technique is worth about 30% of the marks in 16 markers. The rest is content. You can’t predict what’s going to come up on the 16 markers and the revision process for content can’t just be around 16 markers.
To revise content, concentrate on revising what you don’t know rather than what you do.
Read through your notes.
Repeat your recall. Repeat revision as necessary. When you’re at about 90% recall, move on to your next topic.

Keep your revision topped up and refreshed by reviewing every couple of days. In the mean time, concentrate on refining your essay techniques.
What did you get in psych
username2427341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes
How much have you revised? Like what topics and what other subjects are you doing?
username2427341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by giella)
Read through your notes.

Her revision technique is actually not bad. It's called ''vomit learning" and it's really effective. I agree she needs to practise other questions. But I think she just kinda means that once she revised a topic, she writes everything down from memory. I've done this and I have been getting A*s
username3492572
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i don't think this is effective tbh. psychology is very content heavy and you need to focus a lot of your time memorising the content. planning a few 16 markers is good and making sure you know how to structure your questions but you need to go through your notes and memorise!!!
Mango08
Rep:
?
Ive roughly gone over p123 but need to go over them in more detail. What about you.
I do Busines and Law.
How much have you revised? Like what topics and what other subjects are you doing?
username2427341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ive roughly gone over p123 but need to go over them in more detail. What about you.
I do Busines and Law.
Yep same, just doing exam questions now. What I recommend is read your notes, close the book and write very thing down from memory. Only do it for the topics you struggle to remember otherwise that's just long. Make the you do past papers and practice questions. I read about this technique in a book called "How to get an A* at A level" or something. The author of the book referred to it as the scribble technique and he got A*s in all his subjects.
username2427341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Watch Ali Abdaals video called "How to study for exams - Evidence - based revision tips
Mango08
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! What is the scribble technique.
In Easter hols how are you revsing for psych x
Watch Ali Abdaals video called "How to study for exams - Evidence - based revision tips
username2427341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! What is the scribble technique.
In Easter hols how are you revsing for psych x
No it's basically what you're doing. Writing everything down from what you can remember. I'm doing the method I told you lol and just doing questions from my revision guide. Starting past papers on Wednesday.
Mango08
Rep:
?
Are you doing past papers with or without your notes..
username2427341
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you doing past papers with or without your notes..
Without
Mango08
Rep:
?
Hi does anyone have notes for explanations of obedience - Agentic State & Legitimacy of Authority
Mango08
Rep:
?
Does anyone have the tutor2u Exam buster revision guides if so for which topics do u have them fr
Mango08
Rep:
?
Let's see if I can go through all of the Paper 1 topics today!! Including RM's and a bit of business revision alongside.
Feeling motivated.
I will use the pomorodo technique
any advise?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (41)
22.53%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (89)
48.9%
I'm unsure (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads