Can I make someone sleep in my bedroom? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I'm an international student and I live in halls at Royal Holloway. My mother is planning to come and visit me on a weekend. Even though it's forbidden, is there any way to make her sleep in my bedroom (and thus saving the price of an hotel room)? Does anyone check if we have a guest overnight? What do I risk?
Thanks for your answer xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I'm an international student and I live in halls at Royal Holloway. My mother is planning to come and visit me on a weekend. Even though it's forbidden, is there any way to make her sleep in my bedroom (and thus saving the price of an hotel room)? Does anyone check if we have a guest overnight? What do I risk?
Thanks for your answer xx
The answers are a bit contradictory. Unusually it says no to guests in general whereas other unis allow you x nights a month.
It does say it wont auto expel them and you should avoid hosting guests on a regular basis.

It also talks about the hub guesthouse?

If you are already living there, then you should already know. If you share a flat then do the others have guests? If so it should be ok.
If its only for the night I doubt they will be bothered.

You can see the rules on guests here at section 12. Its not clear whether you are talking about this academic year or the 2019/20 one.

s12 p5. As long as they arent being a problem, then it should be fine imo.

The College will not consider itself bound to automatically expel guests where there is no apparent nuisance, detriment or risk resulting from their presence
https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/medi...8-19_final.pdf
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
flore84
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
interested too!
Last edited by flore84; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi @999tigger thanks! actually, i was thinking about next year (for 2019/20) dunno why i used the present.
That's weird! You found more things than I did. I especially remember the part where they say that guests must leave before 11pm...but can anyone check if the guest actually left?
have you ever hosted someone? or know someone who did?
Thanks xx
AlexanderDelarge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yep. My GF is in halls and I sleep there 3 or 4 nights a week.
AlexanderDelarge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No one checks. Just stay in your room after 11 and avoid the communal areas. Back stabbing little busy bodies are occasionally around.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
I was dating someone at RH last year and stayed at her place often in the founders building never had issues… except when we tried getting dinner there, the food sucks anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (454)
38.06%
No - but I will (89)
7.46%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.53%

Watched Threads