The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool zoology

I have an offer for zoology at Liverpool university. I am tempted to take it as I like most of the units that they offer. However, I am just a bit worried about the veterinary related units that are offered in the zoology course. Basically I am asking is there a feeling at Liverpool of zoology being a degree that you just take to then go on to do Veterinary med as I don't want to be just around potential future vet med students? I am more interested in the evolution/ecology/genetics areas and I don't want to go somewhere that is more focused on the disease/husbandry aspects. Thanks!
Most Zoology courses will offer units on a range of subjects and try to cover all bases especially in first year. After first year you should have more choice about the modules you do.

Have you got other offers where you prefer the course content?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have an offer for zoology at Liverpool university. I am tempted to take it as I like most of the units that they offer. However, I am just a bit worried about the veterinary related units that are offered in the zoology course. Basically I am asking is there a feeling at Liverpool of zoology being a degree that you just take to then go on to do Veterinary med as I don't want to be just around potential future vet med students? I am more interested in the evolution/ecology/genetics areas and I don't want to go somewhere that is more focused on the disease/husbandry aspects. Thanks!

Hi! I’m not a student but I went to the applicant day for that course and didn’t get that feeling at all. You have modules that you do with the other school of life students but then you get to choose your own modules in the second part of the year and these modules can be the zoology modules like you mentioned or more veterinary type modules where potential vet students would go. I hope this answers your question !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending