Issues with moles Watch

Gordon24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have always been quite moley, runs in my mum's side of the family, she had one removed from her arm years ago.I just hate mine, was bullied because of them at school and they have had a really negative impact on my self conciousness.I have a few on my arms but not too worried about them. One side of my neck is covered in them, about 10 or 11 raised ones from the size of a pencil eraser to a pinheadwhich is why I wont even wear t-shirts out in public, they just look awful.My stomach area is the worst though, I must have at least 12 of all shapes and sizes, some small ones, other big black ones all over. Never had them checked out butthey have been there for years and havent changes shape or size. A fair few also on my back. I could never go swimming now, used to enjoy that as a child beforethey were there but I would feel so self concious now. I know they have held me back in relationships before, never really had a proper one and always dread what anyone will think when they see the top half of my body, feel like a freak sometimes.They effect me more some days than others but i have never really comtemplated getting them removed, it just embarasses me to even talk about them to anyone.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gordon24)
I have always been quite moley, runs in my mum's side of the family, she had one removed from her arm years ago.I just hate mine, was bullied because of them at school and they have had a really negative impact on my self conciousness.I have a few on my arms but not too worried about them. One side of my neck is covered in them, about 10 or 11 raised ones from the size of a pencil eraser to a pinheadwhich is why I wont even wear t-shirts out in public, they just look awful.My stomach area is the worst though, I must have at least 12 of all shapes and sizes, some small ones, other big black ones all over. Never had them checked out butthey have been there for years and havent changes shape or size. A fair few also on my back. I could never go swimming now, used to enjoy that as a child beforethey were there but I would feel so self concious now. I know they have held me back in relationships before, never really had a proper one and always dread what anyone will think when they see the top half of my body, feel like a freak sometimes.They effect me more some days than others but i have never really comtemplated getting them removed, it just embarasses me to even talk about them to anyone.
If you were to have them removed, you would be left with multiple scars.

It sounds like the issue here is not with the moles but with your confidence and self-esteem - I would suggest working on this rather than trying to get rid of the moles.
Gordon24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks, I think you might be right, being bullied at a younger age definitely had an effect but time to get over that and start accepting myself for the way that I am.
benwhite13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
laser them all off. it's going to cost you but it's worth it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They won't remove them on the NHS unless they are going bad (I've had a few out, like you I am covered in them). Might be worth thinking about paying to have some off if they bother you so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads