GCSE Revision journey to all 9s Watch

D_1432
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone - I've seen a few of these threads and I've decided to start my own to help motivate me. I have been revising during the easter hols, but I feel like my revision hasn't been productive. I've decided to really work hard in the next four weeks and I'm aiming to do as well as I can - hopefully all 9s.

Mocks

Maths - 9
Further Maths - A^
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Biology - 8
Physics - 8
Chemistry - 9
History - 7
Geography - 9
French - 8

I've missed most of year 11 due to recovery from an eating disorder so I've decided I'm going to work as hard as I can to prove to myself that I can do this. I will be updating this everyday with what I plan to do and what I've accomplished. Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thank you! x
D_1432
Rep:
?
14/4/19

Only half a day of revision. Here's what I plan to do:

1. English Literature: Essay Plans and quote learning for Romeo and Juliet characters
2. History: Answering 'Explain the importance of [...]' questions for Edward I
3. Geography: Revise 'Water' topic and answer past paper questions
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just found this thread - wow you did so well in your mocks :eek:! How did you revise for geography? There's so much content and it takes me so long to do, I've spent so much of my Easter holidays on it agghh.
D_1432
Rep:
?
Thank you - for geography, I mainly use mind maps and I've also been answering all the questions in this booklet I found online - it's super useful:

https://www.carter.poole.sch.uk/Port...-21-094711-440

I've also been using quizlet to memorise case studies.
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Woahhhhh that booklet is absolutely amazing - thank you so much for sharing Please tag me in your thread - your amazing grades are seriously motivating!
D_1432
Rep:
?
No problem - Good luck with your revision! (also this is probably a really stupid question but I really don't know XD - how do I tag you?)
(Original post by studyingpeach)
Woahhhhh that booklet is absolutely amazing - thank you so much for sharing Please tag me in your thread - your amazing grades are seriously motivating!
DGeorge13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good luck - I know of someone who got all 9s having missed a lot of year 11 - I really hope you find the blogging useful/ motivating
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
studyingpeach
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by D_1432)
No problem - Good luck with your revision! (also this is probably a really stupid question but I really don't know XD - how do I tag you?)
This is actually going to sound even more stupid but I'm new to TSR so I actually have no idea whatsoever
D_1432
Rep:
?
Haha don't worry about it - I'm sure we'll get the hang of it soon
(Original post by studyingpeach)
This is actually going to sound even more stupid but I'm new to TSR so I actually have no idea whatsoever
D_1432
Rep:
?
Thank you I hope it motivates others too
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Good luck - I know of someone who got all 9s having missed a lot of year 11 - I really hope you find the blogging useful/ motivating
D_1432
Rep:
?
Things I achieved today:

1) Completed essay plans for the Nurse and Friar Lawrence
2) Completed half of water revision

Not very productive today :/ but I'm absolutely exhausted for some reason... I'll do much better tomorrow
D_1432
Rep:
?
Good Morning everyone - here are the things I hope to achieve today:

1)Physics - work through whole spec and review anything I don't know
2)Geography - answers questions on water
3) Chemistry - work through whole spec and review anything I don't know
4) History - Edward again!
5) English Literature - complete essay plans for the capulets
6) Further Maths - ppq

Hope you all have a productive day!
SBizzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How did you get a 9 in maths?
Hi everyone - I've seen a few of these threads and I've decided to start my own to help motivate me. I have been revising during the easter hols, but I feel like my revision hasn't been productive. I've decided to really work hard in the next four weeks and I'm aiming to do as well as I can - hopefully all 9s.

Mocks

Maths - 9
Further Maths - A^
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Biology - 8
Physics - 8
Chemistry - 9
History - 7
Geography - 9
French - 8

I've missed most of year 11 due to recovery from an eating disorder so I've decided I'm going to work as hard as I can to prove to myself that I can do this. I will be updating this everyday with what I plan to do and what I've accomplished. Any tips or advice would be welcome. Thank you! x
D_1432
Rep:
?
I've worked through pretty much every exam paper for my exam board and it really helped me since I was able to put my knowledge into practise and identify topics that I'm weaker at.
(Original post by SBizzy)
How did you get a 9 in maths?
GeorgGGee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Mocks

Maths - 9
Further Maths - A^
English Literature - 8
English Language - 8
Biology - 8
Physics - 8
Chemistry - 9
History - 7
Geography - 9
French - 8

This is such a motivating thread! You've got an envious work ethic aha. As a student who got all 9's in his mocks, I gotta wish you the best of luck, but if you're working like that there's no way you won't get all 9's!
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
May the odds be ever in your favour!
D_1432
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! Good luck with your exams
(Original post by GeorgGGee)
This is such a motivating thread! You've got an envious work ethic aha. As a student who got all 9's in his mocks, I gotta wish you the best of luck, but if you're working like that there's no way you won't get all 9's!
D_1432
Rep:
?
Thank you
(Original post by Tolgarda)
May the odds be ever in your favour!
RavenclawOwl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a Year 12 still in recovery and with a very similar past to yourself I feel obliged to remind you that health comes before grades!

That aside your work ethic is exceptional and I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming exams. Just a friendly reminder that to take said exams you need to be well
EmRep13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How did you revise for English lit? I can't figure out how do mind maps for the characters and whether I should split the characters into themes as well or just do general points or uGh
Last edited by EmRep13; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads