re revision Watch

susu6679
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
*religious education*
so im revising and i have a 15 marker which im stuck on: '"it is impossible to love everyone" do you agree?'

i have a lot of points for the disagree side but i cant seem to think of many for the agree side. could you please give me some ideas?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by susu6679; 5 days ago
susu6679
Rep:
?
s o m e o n e h e l p
CuriosityYay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
you are revising for what
susu6679
Rep:
?
(Original post by CuriosityYay)
you are revising for what
says in the title.. religious education
CuriosityYay
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by susu6679)
says in the title.. religious education
nope, the title says re revision and re is a prefix
susu6679
Rep:
?
(Original post by CuriosityYay)
nope, the title says re revision and re is a prefix
well i shouldve made it clearer. is it possible to edit titles on here?
CuriosityYay
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by susu6679)
well i shouldve made it clearer. is it possible to edit titles on here?
I dunno, maybe
Mona123456
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I’ve never studied RS for GCSE/A-level but these are the things that first come to my mind in terms of agree that it is possible:

- Depends how you define love; if you mean love in a romantic sense, like infatuation, then I’d disagree, but you can love people in the sense that you respect and admire them. As everyone has some sort of redeeming or positive trait, you could love them for that ie love parts of their personality, but not necessarily everything about them.

- Jesus loves everyone; in the sense that he forgave them and embraced different personalities and judgements. So he’d be an example for agree, I’d imagine.

- Higher powers must love us to some extent in order to create us and sustain life. At the same time, you could counter argue that things like natural disasters and terrorist attacks could symbolise that higher powers don’t love us enough to protect us. But, love isn’t necessarily permanent or constant; so it could be possible for them to love everyone, and still allow things such as death, as even if they love us at one moment, love can change.

In terms of a human loving everyone, I guess you could love the morals and generic values our race stands for eg you could love everyone because you’re compassionate and you believe everyone deserves a chance and everyone contributes to society.

In terms of it isn’t possible:

- Is it really possible to love and respect eg murders? If someone you loved was murdered, could you love their murder? I’d assume not.

- Even if one person is very philosophical and benevolent, just because one person might be able to love everyone in some sense, it is unlikely that every human loves every other human. Do murderers love the people they kill? I’m guessing not.

- It’s impossible to love every feature of every person - if by “love” you’re defining it as literally loving everything about a person, it’s highly unlikely that you love every single feature of every single person in the universe.

- Love can change - if you consider love to be an emotion, it can be volatile, so even if you did love everyone at one point, you won’t love every single person every second of every day.

I feel like I’m rambling but hopefully something I’ve said will trigger some sort of thought chain for you!
susu6679
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mona123456)
I’ve never studied RS for GCSE/A-level but these are the things that first come to my mind in terms of agree that it is possible:

- Depends how you define love; if you mean love in a romantic sense, like infatuation, then I’d disagree, but you can love people in the sense that you respect and admire them. As everyone has some sort of redeeming or positive trait, you could love them for that ie love parts of their personality, but not necessarily everything about them.

- Jesus loves everyone; in the sense that he forgave them and embraced different personalities and judgements. So he’d be an example for agree, I’d imagine.

- Higher powers must love us to some extent in order to create us and sustain life. At the same time, you could counter argue that things like natural disasters and terrorist attacks could symbolise that higher powers don’t love us enough to protect us. But, love isn’t necessarily permanent or constant; so it could be possible for them to love everyone, and still allow things such as death, as even if they love us at one moment, love can change.

In terms of a human loving everyone, I guess you could love the morals and generic values our race stands for eg you could love everyone because you’re compassionate and you believe everyone deserves a chance and everyone contributes to society.

In terms of it isn’t possible:

- Is it really possible to love and respect eg murders? If someone you loved was murdered, could you love their murder? I’d assume not.

- Even if one person is very philosophical and benevolent, just because one person might be able to love everyone in some sense, it is unlikely that every human loves every other human. Do murderers love the people they kill? I’m guessing not.

- It’s impossible to love every feature of every person - if by “love” you’re defining it as literally loving everything about a person, it’s highly unlikely that you love every single feature of every single person in the universe.

- Love can change - if you consider love to be an emotion, it can be volatile, so even if you did love everyone at one point, you won’t love every single person every second of every day.

I feel like I’m rambling but hopefully something I’ve said will trigger some sort of thought chain for you!
thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (216)
39.34%
No - but I will (38)
6.92%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.56%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise