Help to choose university Watch

drtejalkantharia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
What would be the best choice for BSc in Actuarial Science out of the following universities.
1 Cass business school of City University London
2 Queen Mary University London
3 Heriot-Watt university Edinburgh
4 Kent university
StudentRep Annabel
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi there!
I'd definitely recommend looking at the modules and course structure at each of the universities you are looking at, as this can play a large part in shaping your university experience and could even contribute to your grades as well. Kent have a Unibuddy system where prospective students, like yourself, can talk to current students studying the same subjects. Here is the link; https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/
This could help you find out what the course is really like, what the coursework involves and how the timetables are structured.
Also try and find out as much about the universities and surrounding areas as you can so you can get a real sense of what life is like at each. I'd recommend going on the instagram/facebook/twitter pages of each uni as many of them post campus tours, student 'day-in-the-life' and q&a's. I'm in my third year at the University of Kent so if you have any questions about life at Kent, please feel free to ask But I absolutely love it here, the campus is so beautiful and peaceful but there's still plenty going on, so uni life here really feels like the best of both worlds.
I hope that this helps!
(Original post by drtejalkantharia)
What would be the best choice for BSc in Actuarial Science out of the following universities.
1 Cass business school of City University London
2 Queen Mary University London
3 Heriot-Watt university Edinburgh
4 Kent university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.42%
No - but I will (42)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (291)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed