Change my username

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How can i change my username on here i posted somethings that i dont want my friends to see or find by my username and know its me
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
You can change your account username via this page:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...o=editpassword

(You may need to have achieved a certain number of posts first though to do it yourself)
Huzam001
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AliceRoseGuy)
Just out of curiosity i'm checking this link and the only option available to me personally is to delete my account XD
Same
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Just out of curiosity i'm checking this link and the only option available to me personally is to delete my account XD
Well the thread is three years old so it may not even be an option anymore. Another good reason to not bump old threads!
AliceRoseGuy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Well the thread is three years old so it may not even be an option anymore. Another good reason to not bump old threads!
Two* years isn’t that long, plus this was the most recent one about username changes i could find.
Last edited by AliceRoseGuy; 2 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Two* years isn’t that long, plus this was the most recent one about username changes i could find.
I beg to differ. 2 years is quite long lol imo.
But yeh is there actually a way, to change ones username?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
as 8472 mentioned , the option to change username start to exist after a certain number of posts
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
as 8472 mentioned , the option to change username start to exist after a certain number of posts
I’m currently going as anonymous. The option to change username doesn’t exist, even after posting a lot lol.
AliceRoseGuy
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
For me personally, two years is not a lot of time, so I would argue that it is subjective ( I feel like this is the case once you hit your 20s). However I appreciate that everyones experience of time differs
AliceRoseGuy
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I’m currently going as anonymous. The option to change username doesn’t exist, even after posting a lot lol.
I was merely guessing that too. Even tho the post is two years old, the current information on the TSR site says that you can, by following instructions which only lead to deleting your account
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I was merely guessing that too. Even tho the post is two years old, the current information on the TSR site says that you can, by following instructions which only lead to deleting your account
That page should look like this with the delete account thing down the bottom. Not sure why it doesn't RainbowLapras
Name:  tsttt.png
Views: 19
Size:  179.6 KB
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
That page should look like this with the delete account thing down the bottom. Not sure why it doesn't RainbowLapras
Name:  tsttt.png
Views: 19
Size:  179.6 KB
Ah so you have to be a member for over a year i assume. Then you can change your username, right?
RainbowLapras
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Ah so you have to be a member for over a year i assume. Then you can change your username, right?
Can I check, did you register through a social account, e.g. Facebook or Google? :holmes:
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
No, I have only had this account since the January of this year and that option is still available to me.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RainbowLapras)
Can I check, did you register through a social account, e.g. Facebook or Google? :holmes:
I registered through google.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
No, I have only had this account since the January of this year and that option is still available to me.
Oh lol, i registered since feb this year.
My option is just to delete lol.
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Oh lol, i registered since feb this year.
My option is just to delete lol.
By any chance did you sign up with Google or some other social media thing?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
By any chance did you sign up with Google or some other social media thing?
Google
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Google
That's probably why you can't do it you know, but I tagged the guy who seems to deal with the tech problems so hopefully he can ellucidate.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
That's probably why you can't do it you know, but I tagged the guy who seems to deal with the tech problems so hopefully he can ellucidate.
Ah alr thank you
A bit dumb i cant change your username, because i signed in with google.
Anyways hopefully this changes
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads