Did my old crush notice me from the distance/ did she mistaken me for someone else Watch

Singing Vodka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Okay, so to begin with the background context with my crush. She and I used to be close friends in primary and secondary school, she moved secondary schools a couple years ago. Yes I was infatuated with her and she showed some interest in me at the time (body language and voice.) I at the time was to shy to go with the romantic vibe.

I knew she lived in the same village since she used to walk past my house a lot in earlier years. Last time I saw her was at around age 14. Now I usually go on walks for exercise during the weekends (across the village and countryside.)

See as I was getting back from my walk through the countryside I happened to be going down her road to get back to you house a few blocks away. At this time I was about to turn to the next block, but then I glanced behind and I saw a girl across the road from me walking her dog. I looked back forwards and made a double take and I muttered to myself “that can’t be, can it, is that X?”. Surely enough it was I recognised her facial distinctions; hair and facial appearance. She once mentioned she had a dog before she left my secondary school (a white one).

I checked once more and moved further into my junction side of the pathway and X began looking downwards as she looked in my direction while turning into her junction after I looked at her several times. I confirmed it was her as soon as I went inwards on my pathway taking one more glance closer to the trees.

See last time I saw her I was 14, I was just 5”4 and was clumsy with movement in general. I’m now 16 and 5”11. She at 14 was 5”6. She still retained her tallish height and appeared to be around 5”7-5”8 from across the road.

Thing is I don’t know if she recognises me or not I mean I still have a mental image of her. But I’m worried she thought I was a 20 something creeper who kept taking several glances at her while turning to my pathway down.

I mean what do you guys think, why did she look down in my direction, did she see me and do you guys think she recognised who I was at all? (Yes I realised I missed my opportunity to casually reintroduce and talk briefly with her. *facepalm*.
chelseadagg3r
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Singing Vodka)
Okay, so to begin with the background context with my crush. She and I used to be close friends in primary and secondary school, she moved secondary schools a couple years ago. Yes I was infatuated with her and she showed some interest in me at the time (body language and voice.) I at the time was to shy to go with the romantic vibe.

I knew she lived in the same village since she used to walk past my house a lot in earlier years. Last time I saw her was at around age 14. Now I usually go on walks for exercise during the weekends (across the village and countryside.)

See as I was getting back from my walk through the countryside I happened to be going down her road to get back to you house a few blocks away. At this time I was about to turn to the next block, but then I glanced behind and I saw a girl across the road from me walking her dog. I looked back forwards and made a double take and I muttered to myself “that can’t be, can it, is that X?”. Surely enough it was I recognised her facial distinctions; hair and facial appearance. She once mentioned she had a dog before she left my secondary school (a white one).

I checked once more and moved further into my junction side of the pathway and X began looking downwards as she looked in my direction while turning into her junction after I looked at her several times. I confirmed it was her as soon as I went inwards on my pathway taking one more glance closer to the trees.

See last time I saw her I was 14, I was just 5”4 and was clumsy with movement in general. I’m now 16 and 5”11. She at 14 was 5”6. She still retained her tallish height and appeared to be around 5”7-5”8 from across the road.

Thing is I don’t know if she recognises me or not I mean I still have a mental image of her. But I’m worried she thought I was a 20 something creeper who kept taking several glances at her while turning to my pathway down.

I mean what do you guys think, why did she look down in my direction, did she see me and do you guys think she recognised who I was at all? (Yes I realised I missed my opportunity to casually reintroduce and talk briefly with her. *facepalm*.
You're overthinking it. I look at people all the time when I'm out and about simply because they're there and something to look at. Unless you close your eyes you're always going to be looking at something, and if you're looking at her chances are she'll at least spare you a glance. She may have recognised you but not said anything as you didn't, or she may have remembered you but just wasn't sure where from. Either way, it's been a long time. If you bump into her again feel free to chat, but don't go out of your way to do it. You're overthinking it and there's a chance she doesn't even remember this chance almost-reunion
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Singing Vodka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
You're overthinking it. I look at people all the time when I'm out and about simply because they're there and something to look at. Unless you close your eyes you're always going to be looking at something, and if you're looking at her chances are she'll at least spare you a glance. She may have recognised you but not said anything as you didn't, or she may have remembered you but just wasn't sure where from. Either way, it's been a long time. If you bump into her again feel free to chat, but don't go out of your way to do it. You're overthinking it and there's a chance she doesn't even remember this chance almost-reunion
Okay I will keep these odds in mind and worry less about what happened. btw thanks for snapping me out of this confused mindset that likes to cling to the past.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads