The Student Room Group

maths a level stats help

A random sample of size n is taken from a normally distributed population with a given standard deviation. If carry out a hypothesis test given the null and alternative hypotheses. Test at the 1% significance level.

4.* A random sample of size n is taken from a normally distributed population with a given standard deviation. If carry out a hypothesis test given the null and alternative hypotheses. Test at the 10% significance level

what do i type into my calculator to work these out!!!
Reply 1
I'm sorry but is this the full question, because there doesn't seem to be enough info.
Or are you asking how to use the calculator for normal distribution question.
these questions are taken from this document:

www.ocr.org.uk/Images/476304-statistics-hypothesis-testing.docx

answers are provided at the end.
Reply 3
Hi, yes they are but can't seem to get the answers, i don't know what to put into my calculator to get the p value!
Original post by the bear
these questions are taken from this document:

www.ocr.org.uk/Images/476304-statistics-hypothesis-testing.docx

answers are provided at the end.
Reply 4
hi sorry, just realised the values for the mean ect wouldn't paste. they're from the document below in the comments! it's question 3 and 4.
Original post by Moe_00
I'm sorry but is this the full question, because there doesn't seem to be enough info.
Or are you asking how to use the calculator for normal distribution question.
Original post by Hannahp2000
Hi, yes they are but can't seem to get the answers, i don't know what to put into my calculator to get the p value!

i think some sentences in the document are missing or incomplete.
Reply 6
You would hit the menu button, then 7, then 2. Then you would put in your values for bounds, mean and standard deviation.
For example if you wanted to find P(X<10), lower would be a very small number e.g -200, and upper would be 10.
Reply 7
Hi, okay I’ll try that. Thank you very much!
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by Hannahp2000

No worries, hope it worked

Quick Reply

Latest