Was it stupid to do that ? Watch

Gina1610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I got an offers from St Andrew's university and Strathclyde. I turned down the St Andrew's offer because I was constantly being told negative things about the University. I feel a bit funny about it now. Do you think I made a mistake ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
most people experience a moment of regret after rejecting something. it will pass. presumably you made your decision after weighing up the pros and cons.
Studybuddy24/7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It depends on your other options too, it might end up being better for you and its happened now so you sort of have to go with the flow unless you want to in that case you could try contacting them and the may allow it
Last edited by Studybuddy24/7; 5 days ago
TheHof
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Did you do your own research, check out the respective courses, visit both universities and their towns? If you did, and preferred Strathclyde, then no.

If you just listened to what other people said, did you establish their motivation for saying negative things? For example, do they have any firsthand experience of StA? If they don't or their motives are not trustworthy, then I would say you made a mistake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.42%
No - but I will (42)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (291)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed