Driving Watch

Melina_2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Ok so im a learner driver and have been for a while but today i made a stupid mistake and went over a red light as i dont handle stress all to well and decided to commit and go im not sure if there was a camera knowing my luck there probably was all i know is i have asked my instructor before if my front tire is over the white line he said i should keep going and i did but i dont know if it was the right thing to do and its all i can think about i keep thinking about it and im dreading tomorrows mail load incase theres a letter for me.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Melina_2001)
Ok so im a learner driver and have been for a while but today i made a stupid mistake and went over a red light as i dont handle stress all to well and decided to commit and go im not sure if there was a camera knowing my luck there probably was all i know is i have asked my instructor before if my front tire is over the white line he said i should keep going and i did but i dont know if it was the right thing to do and its all i can think about i keep thinking about it and im dreading tomorrows mail load incase theres a letter for me.
Where was this traffic light? There’s rarely any traffic light cameras. Also if you can’t safely stop in time then you have to run the light as per what your instructor said. It kinda depends though if you run it when it was recently orange by like 1 second its ok but you should avoid this. Some lights have a bigger delay than others until the opposing traffic starts moving. As long as a letter doesn’t come within 14 days you’re clear however I would be surprised if you got one!
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of a letter coming for you. Your instructor wouldn't let you get into trouble.
Melina_2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you i just cant stop worrying about it I definitely will not be doing it again any time soon 🙏🏻😖
Mustafa0605
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
In 99% of places there are no traffic light cameras. Only in some busy places in the city centre you would find some. I wouldn’t worry about it if I was you
benwhite13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
life is too short to worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.49%
No - but I will (42)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (290)
46.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed