The Student Room Group

Secret Boyfriend

Basically I had a boyfriend for about a month and a half. But my parents still don’t know, I mean I think they got an idea when they asked who he was I just said a friend. I don’t know why I am so scared to tell them I’m 20 so it’s not like it’s a child relationship. I felt really bad when I was on FaceTime to him today as my brother kept asking who I was talking to and I kept saying his name and my brother goes who who. So know my boyfriend knows I haven’t told my family
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I had a boyfriend for about a month and a half. But my parents still don’t know, I mean I think they got an idea when they asked who he was I just said a friend. I don’t know why I am so scared to tell them I’m 20 so it’s not like it’s a child relationship. I felt really bad when I was on FaceTime to him today as my brother kept asking who I was talking to and I kept saying his name and my brother goes who who. So know my boyfriend knows I haven’t told my family

What is your question?

Do you want to tell your family? What are you worried about?
Reply 3
How do I tell my parents
Original post by mgi
What is your question?
Reply 4
I want to tell him, but I don’t want them to ask loads of questions and when I tell them it makes it real
Original post by cheesecakelove
Do you want to tell your family? What are you worried about?
I want to tell him, but I don’t want them to ask loads of questions and when I tell them it makes it real

If things are going well with your boyfriend and you like him, this would be a good time to tell your family. It is natural for your family to want to ask questions, so there is nothing to worry about. If it gets too much, just politely talk to them about it. Telling your family about your boyfriend shows that you are serious about him and want to open up your life to him. If you feel ready to do so, then go for it!
Reply 6
How do I tell my parents

It sounds quite easy. You say to your parents that you have found a nice guy and you are dating him. They will realise soon enough that you are an adult now. You can kindly and firmly stick to your guns as an adult! You don't have to go into further explanations with your parents and ,no, you are not ssking for their permission to date.But be nice!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7

What the ****, grow up.
How do I tell my parents

Why not try, 'Hey ive got a new bf & he's gonna come over and say Hi later'.
then introduce him...
I think you’re scared of how they’ll react because everyone wants there parents to like who they’re dating so just be confident and explain a bit about him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending