The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Having a sense of worthlessness and that your a waste of space are more than enough reason to speak to a dr, they arnt there just to prescribe meds, they can also do a referal for therepy or suggest other things that may help.

It might not be depression no, but its certainly signs of low mood, and there may be psycal things causing it (such as a deficiancy or something) that they can also rule out

ok, thank you. I will think about it.
It’s been a pretty chill birthday. I’ve had plenty of sleep which I’m happy about and I’m trying to make a start on some work. God willing, I’ll spend the night into the morning prepped for tomorrow’s zoom session and then the tutorial on campus too.

My laptop (mbp) may arrive by tomorrow’s tutorial too so that’s nice. I’ll enjoy working on there. I really enjoyed using one last time this time it’s completely self earned/financed as well. So I’ll feel proud for having earned it. Not everyone will see it as a good or sensible investment but for me, I believe it is one and I hope it proves to be so!
i really desperately should see someone about getting a dermatillomania diagnosis and getting help for it this is really bad
skin picking tw

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
after three days of euphoria the depressive thoughts are slowly creeping in i’m absolutely exhausted from the lack of sleep and am burning out terribly. also feeling worthless. eh we move
Been feeling fine all day then all of a sudden a huge wave of depressions hit me out of nowhere.

Still not heard from the psych even though iv rung up
How do you guys deal with anxiety caused by uncertainty?

Waiting to hear if we'll be allowed to rent a house since we're being yeeted from our current one at the start of next month. I feel like my anxiety is going to make my chest explode. I'm trying to sleep through it but I need to be working instead. If this house falls through, I don't know what we'll do and so many of the previous applications have gone wrong and/or fallen through for other reasons :frown:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
How do you guys deal with anxiety caused by uncertainty?

Waiting to hear if we'll be allowed to rent a house since we're being yeeted from our current one at the start of next month. I feel like my anxiety is going to make my chest explode. I'm trying to sleep through it but I need to be working instead. If this house falls through, I don't know what we'll do and so many of the previous applications have gone wrong and/or fallen through for other reasons :frown:

Not got any advice cos i just wing life even when i was homeless, but really hope you get the house :jumphugs:
Not got any advice cos i just wing life even when i was homeless, but really hope you get the house :jumphugs:

Thanks <3 It's such a nightmare right now. House viewings are being cancelled all over the place because stuff is moving so quickly and applications get grumpy if they know that I'm self employed/ESA.

Still haven't heard about the house so it's still fingers crossed. We didn't even view it before we threw the application in so it could be awful but at least it's somewhere, right?
Thanks <3 It's such a nightmare right now. House viewings are being cancelled all over the place because stuff is moving so quickly and applications get grumpy if they know that I'm self employed/ESA.

Still haven't heard about the house so it's still fingers crossed. We didn't even view it before we threw the application in so it could be awful but at least it's somewhere, right?

Hopefully they still accept you, its so hard being on benefits trying to find somewhere to live, and imo benefits are more regular than a job :lol:

Have you looked at housing assosiations? I got a HA flat when i was homeless (and jobless) and theyv supported me through so much over the past 4 years.
Hopefully they still accept you, its so hard being on benefits trying to find somewhere to live, and imo benefits are more regular than a job :lol:

Have you looked at housing assosiations? I got a HA flat when i was homeless (and jobless) and theyv supported me through so much over the past 4 years.

Chris is too well paid and we have a small hoard of animals. The cats alone write us out of so many places so add in the rabbits, tortoise and gerbils and there's no chance. We'll work it out but I'd give anything for just a confirmation email that it's okay. We're supposed to get the keys next week if it does work out.
Chris is too well paid and we have a small hoard of animals. The cats alone write us out of so many places so add in the rabbits, tortoise and gerbils and there's no chance. We'll work it out but I'd give anything for just a confirmation email that it's okay. We're supposed to get the keys next week if it does work out.

Ahh i forgot about the animals :tongue:
You need to rent a farm :wink:

Hopefully you hear back tomorrow!!!
I am tired. I realised I would be able to fund a masters without having to worry too much about watching my expenses as long as I keep my job through this year (second) and next year (final). It should be okay because I imagine next year will be more independent learning? I also imagine because it's higher level stuff - I will be more interested in it because it is more streamlined? I'm guessing that I am chancing my effort and interest on these two factors and hoping or expecting that to pull or push me through the final year.

This year however, I have a big mountain of a task. I need to get through to January without quitting my job. With the seasonal depression tendencies of the weather being a factor; I have to make sure my university efforts are good. Luckily the modules are not conceptually difficult for the most part. I just find the less interested I am, that much harder it is to try to focus. It doesn't feel like a challenge I want to work at. This is bothersome because it makes you negligent doesn't it. And that is worrisome.

I am hoping that what I will do, is keep track of every bit of material that is being graded; I will then make sure to time in advance how best to approach that graded piece.

For the other content that I need to learn longer term however; this approach does not work! Meaning, for economics I need to battle depressive feelings and low mood and motivation to be on schedule with content/material --- this is what is I am most doubtful of being successful at; at least in my mind. whereas the graded assessments I am more feeling wise, actually fearful or nervous of!

It's a maelstrom of feelings really.

I hope everybody else is coping, and that the pressure is not attacking them so soon, so early.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I am tired. I realised I would be able to fund a masters without having to worry too much about watching my expenses as long as I keep my job through this year (second) and next year (final). It should be okay because I imagine next year will be more independent learning? I also imagine because it's higher level stuff - I will be more interested in it because it is more streamlined? I'm guessing that I am chancing my effort and interest on these two factors and hoping or expecting that to pull or push me through the final year.

This year however, I have a big mountain of a task. I need to get through to January without quitting my job. With the seasonal depression tendencies of the weather being a factor; I have to make sure my university efforts are good. Luckily the modules are not conceptually difficult for the most part. I just find the less interested I am, that much harder it is to try to focus. It doesn't feel like a challenge I want to work at. This is bothersome because it makes you negligent doesn't it. And that is worrisome.

I am hoping that what I will do, is keep track of every bit of material that is being graded; I will then make sure to time in advance how best to approach that graded piece.

For the other content that I need to learn longer term however; this approach does not work! Meaning, for economics I need to battle depressive feelings and low mood and motivation to be on schedule with content/material --- this is what is I am most doubtful of being successful at; at least in my mind. whereas the graded assessments I am more feeling wise, actually fearful or nervous of!

It's a maelstrom of feelings really.

I hope everybody else is coping, and that the pressure is not attacking them so soon, so early.

Sorry to hear you are so tired - I hope you can keep up the job!
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to hear you are so tired - I hope you can keep up the job!

Thanks 😊
I hope things are good for you, and that your health is manageable!
Don't want to start master's on Wednesday. Too much going on and I'm just exhausted. Rationally I know I may as well so I'm making some sort of progress and nothing else is going to happen this year but :/ had enough of everything. Just want to hide and sleep.
Original post by furryface12
Don't want to start master's on Wednesday. Too much going on and I'm just exhausted. Rationally I know I may as well so I'm making some sort of progress and nothing else is going to happen this year but :/ had enough of everything. Just want to hide and sleep.

I know the feeling. It’s a chance to prove to yourself you can achieve something or to make a step in a direction in which you can. Keep pushing! Good luck.
Thanks 😊
I hope things are good for you, and that your health is manageable!

Thanks - I’m so tired from have no to constantly tackle my thoughts but today was mainly ok
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks - I’m so tired from have no to constantly tackle my thoughts but today was mainly ok

That’s good, thought control and management when you don’t feel up is a horribly long process. May things improve
I know the feeling. It’s a chance to prove to yourself you can achieve something or to make a step in a direction in which you can. Keep pushing! Good luck.

Thanks. I push constantly and make myself so much worse for it. Which is why I'm in such a state now from pushing to finish undergrad in August, plus family stuff and about 20 zillion medical appointments (or so it feels) since.
Original post by furryface12
Thanks. I push constantly and make myself so much worse for it. Which is why I'm in such a state now from pushing to finish undergrad in August, plus family stuff and about 20 zillion medical appointments (or so it feels) since.

Sorry to hear, it sounds like you’ve worked really really hard the last few years.

I can’t really offer any good words because we all chose what we do, but I hope you will get back what you want from your goal.

Fatigue is horrible, idk if coffee helps you or is something you can use, but I hope there are things you can use to continue being a fighter.

Latest