The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Alisha*
Exams are gonna kill me:frown:

:jumphug:

Are these A Levels or uni exams? Loads of hugs either way - exams are horrible :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

Are these A Levels or uni exams? Loads of hugs either way - exams are horrible :frown:

A levels:frown:
Loads of hugs hun. Maybe your uni is closed for Easter? I know that my uni is closed from today and only reopens next week Weds :console:

Thanks TLG. Gives me some hope!
Had my EEG appointment today, went well :smile:! The neurologist wanted me to call up after with the results, but as I haven’t been given any results, and was told that a report would be done and sent to the neurologist in 3 weeks, I couldn’t:redface:

Hope everyone is ok? :hugs:
Loads of hugs to you all - hope you're all safe :grouphugs:

Thanks chick.
Just lots going on, my youngest nephews having his heart op next week, iv got so much physical pain going on and just not coping
Original post by PandaWho
Thanks chick.
Just lots going on, my youngest nephews having his heart op next week, iv got so much physical pain going on and just not coping

Aww, hope it all goes well for your nephew with his op. And hope you feel better soon:hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Aww, hope it all goes well for your nephew with his op. And hope you feel better soon:hugs:

Thankyou, its kinda routine, and we always knew hed meed atleast 1 more, but its heart surgery so could go very wrong sadly 😔 like i bloody hope it doesnt because hes such a cheeky monkey. But hes in the best place for it!

Mines ongoing chronic conditions unfortunately so all i want is just an hour or so pain free and id be happy!
Original post by PandaWho
Thankyou, its kinda routine, and we always knew hed meed atleast 1 more, but its heart surgery so could go very wrong sadly 😔 like i bloody hope it doesnt because hes such a cheeky monkey. But hes in the best place for it!

Mines ongoing chronic conditions unfortunately so all i want is just an hour or so pain free and id be happy!

Aww bless him. Fingers crossed for your nephew 😀.

Bless you, can imagine the frustration for you :console:
Reply 88
Really cannot continue like this with my ed mind

TW ed/numbers/food

Spoiler

anybody with an ed and is able to read the spoiler (pls don’t read if there’s a chance it will trigger you) i’d really appreciate some advice.
I'm so paranoid my dad is up to something.
Anyone awake?
Reply 91
easter time is scary right? everyone seems so busy
forever stressed
Original post by Proker
easter time is scary right? everyone seems so busy

It can be scary when the people who can normally make you feel better aren't around. When my anxiety was at its worst, I would have a list of things that I could do on my own to keep myself busy. That helped a lot, as I often can't concentrate when I'm in that kind of a state, and can't make rational decisions for myself, so could never decide on something to do. Whereas if I had a list of suggestions that made it easier. It was things like clean the car, hoover the house, go for a walk, go swimming.. all that kind of thing, mostly active as that helped the most. For me at my worst, downtime was the scariest (the idea of a 4 day, empty weekend like I've got now would have filled me with absolute fear, for example) but keeping busy does help, or I found that anyway :smile:.
Reply 94
Thanks this is helpful! I too can relate to the sense of downtime and not knowing how to occupy.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It can be scary when the people who can normally make you feel better aren't around. When my anxiety was at its worst, I would have a list of things that I could do on my own to keep myself busy. That helped a lot, as I often can't concentrate when I'm in that kind of a state, and can't make rational decisions for myself, so could never decide on something to do. Whereas if I had a list of suggestions that made it easier. It was things like clean the car, hoover the house, go for a walk, go swimming.. all that kind of thing, mostly active as that helped the most. For me at my worst, downtime was the scariest (the idea of a 4 day, empty weekend like I've got now would have filled me with absolute fear, for example) but keeping busy does help, or I found that anyway :smile:.
I'm trying to revise for my a levels but i can't. I live in a 2 bedroom flat with 2 brothers, one sister. My brothers have been practising wrestling for like an hour in the living room so i coudnt revise. Then when my mum came i told her and my brother beat me up for telling my mum that they've been wrestling. I'm having a mental breakdown. I've been crying for the past hour and my mums been calling me mental and stupid. I have anger issues and depression living in this house
Big big hugs to everyone struggling. Really glad about the PD unit @ScaryScience, hope they're helpful :/ @ParadoxSocks, you're amazing- enough said. If you want to come see me when I'm back I'll feed you cake or something and we can go see the ducks and not go anywhere near anything scary. Then you will have been on campus and nothing bad has happened, and hopefully at least one aspect could be the tiniest bit easier

Please don't stop your meds suddenly Saber, I know it feels like they're stopping you do what you want to do but they're also stopping you being in hospital etc again, and that's a big thing. I know it's so easy to say, I'm crap with them too a lot of the time but yeah :/ @Pathway, happy birthday for sunday- I think I've got that right anyway!

Sorry people I need to reply to, I will eventually. Everything's completely on top of me atm and avoiding everything.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm trying to revise for my a levels but i can't. I live in a 2 bedroom flat with 2 brothers, one sister. My brothers have been practising wrestling for like an hour in the living room so i coudnt revise. Then when my mum came i told her and my brother beat me up for telling my mum that they've been wrestling. I'm having a mental breakdown. I've been crying for the past hour and my mums been calling me mental and stupid. I have anger issues and depression living in this house

Is there anywhere else you can go to revise? A friend's house, or a relative, or to a library? Even a Starbucks (other brands are available!) would be good if you could put some white noise in your ears. You could also try doing that at home I guess. Your mum has no right to speak to you like that. I'm confused with all the anons now the threads have switched, but do you have mental health issues already, or do you think they're directly linked to the pressure of exams? If exams are making it worse, try to remember it will be over really, really soon, and you won't have to worry about them again. If you're struggling, see your GP as they will be able to help you with perhaps counselling and possibly meds if needed. You don't need to suffer, life can be amazing, as can you, it's just a little hard to see that sometimes :smile:.
@furryface12 Thank you, yeah it's on Sunday.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Is there anywhere else you can go to revise? A friend's house, or a relative, or to a library? Even a Starbucks (other brands are available!) would be good if you could put some white noise in your ears. You could also try doing that at home I guess. Your mum has no right to speak to you like that. I'm confused with all the anons now the threads have switched, but do you have mental health issues already, or do you think they're directly linked to the pressure of exams? If exams are making it worse, try to remember it will be over really, really soon, and you won't have to worry about them again. If you're struggling, see your GP as they will be able to help you with perhaps counselling and possibly meds if needed. You don't need to suffer, life can be amazing, as can you, it's just a little hard to see that sometimes :smile:.

Thank you for replying! I feel like I have depression. I suffer from low self esteem, exam stress, I always feel like I'm going to fail, so I am.

Latest