Need some advice ): Watch

Kindasad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So I don’t really know where to start but I have found that im kinda unhappy where I am in life right now... I want to change my routines but I have friends who are holding me back. The thing is these friends are online friends... Hear me out, I have been talking to these people for 8 years and we have built an amazing friendship. Im not unhappy with my friends its just the way that we bond is through videogames and I have been going out more recently (20 btw) and I feel like they’re kinda annoyed? We talk everyday and stuff but ever since I have been more connected with my social life and less on screen I feel like there’s been an impact on our friendship. I guess im kinda hurt because I didn’t think my friendship with these two people would matter if I would play or not... I just don’t know I want to be happy but I don’t want to lose them. One of my buddies I have met but the other we are still planning on meeting. One of them is really emotional, not a crazy way just like he really enjoys playing whilst talking but sometimes i get tired or just bored of playing and sitting around all day or at least most of the day. It’s really impacting me in a negative way I just don’t know what to do.
ashleyjohnloves
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
From my personal perspective, I think it's great you are going out more, as you're a young adult and this is the time when one is looking into careers, homes, and relationships. You're coming into your own. It is only natural that you are going to out grow playing video games and you prefer other methods of entertainment. Talk these things out with your friends, that you still want them in your life but that you just don't enjoy playing video games anymore, and if they still don't understand you, it may be time to just focus on yourself. I think meeting up is great, since in person interaction is better and you guys can go out to places. Tell them how you feel and hopefully they will understand. Sometimes in life we just out grow friends, people start to head in different directions and we just have to focus on our goals and eventually we'll come across people with similar interests. Don't feel bad about it, you deserve to be happy and not feel like you are being held back. As cliche as it sounds, life is too short to let others halt you from being yourself.
Hmmmmmmm?
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You being happy should come first, mate. A true friend will put his own feelings aside to let his friend do what is best for him to be happy. If you know that being out and about is what will make you happy, then you do you. If they really care, they’d understand
(Original post by Kindasad)
So I don’t really know where to start but I have found that im kinda unhappy where I am in life right now... I want to change my routines but I have friends who are holding me back. The thing is these friends are online friends... Hear me out, I have been talking to these people for 8 years and we have built an amazing friendship. Im not unhappy with my friends its just the way that we bond is through videogames and I have been going out more recently (20 btw) and I feel like they’re kinda annoyed? We talk everyday and stuff but ever since I have been more connected with my social life and less on screen I feel like there’s been an impact on our friendship. I guess im kinda hurt because I didn’t think my friendship with these two people would matter if I would play or not... I just don’t know I want to be happy but I don’t want to lose them. One of my buddies I have met but the other we are still planning on meeting. One of them is really emotional, not a crazy way just like he really enjoys playing whilst talking but sometimes i get tired or just bored of playing and sitting around all day or at least most of the day. It’s really impacting me in a negative way I just don’t know what to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads