Report Thread starter 11 months ago
thanks
Last edited by criptonight; 10 months ago
Burntfires
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Keep calm and don’t panic. Sometimes your nerves get the better of you which leads to mistakes and that was what happened to me but I just passed the test thankfully.

Good luck!
steveeem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by criptonight)
Driving Test this week, any advice?
I've watched a load of mock tests on youtube and stuff but anyone whos took the test before got any direct advice?

Just stay calm and every time you do something wrong just say oh my bad or of course first time I do that's on my test. Could straight up run over s pedestrian and you'll still pass
yaco3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
try and drive like you would in a normal lesson, check your mirrors and make it really obvious that you are and try to not let your nerves get in the way of your driving, a bit of small talk with the assessor can help to calm your nerves, good luck
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Try to relax and drive as you do on a good lesson. Don't over think it.
This is easier said than done. I couldn't!
The.One.And.Only
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Having failed my first with 2 serious, and passed my 2nd with 2 dfs,it's much better to wait and get a minor for undue hesitation than rush in and get a serious for that. Take your time and breath. Lots of mirrors. The "Tell Me" questions aren't important, make sure you can perform the "Show Me" questions safely. Blind spots when you pull off. In an emergency stop remember to check both blindspots, not just the one. DON'T PANIC- not everyone passes first time, and worst case scenario you retake. All the best, you'll be fine.
criptonight
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Leviathan_)
Keep calm and don’t panic. Sometimes your nerves get the better of you which leads to mistakes and that was what happened to me but I just passed the test thankfully.

Good luck!
Thank you!!
criptonight
Rep:
?
(Original post by steveeem)
Just stay calm and every time you do something wrong just say oh my bad or of course first time I do that's on my test. Could straight up run over s pedestrian and you'll still pass
Wow lol
criptonight
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaco3)
try and drive like you would in a normal lesson, check your mirrors and make it really obvious that you are and try to not let your nerves get in the way of your driving, a bit of small talk with the assessor can help to calm your nerves, good luck
Thank you very much
criptonight
Rep:
?
(Original post by OddOnes)
Try to relax and drive as you do on a good lesson. Don't over think it.
This is easier said than done. I couldn't!
Thank you! I will try, I will try
criptonight
Rep:
?
(Original post by The.One.And.Only)
Having failed my first with 2 serious, and passed my 2nd with 2 dfs,it's much better to wait and get a minor for undue hesitation than rush in and get a serious for that. Take your time and breath. Lots of mirrors. The "Tell Me" questions aren't important, make sure you can perform the "Show Me" questions safely. Blind spots when you pull off. In an emergency stop remember to check both blindspots, not just the one. DON'T PANIC- not everyone passes first time, and worst case scenario you retake. All the best, you'll be fine.
Very true, thank you very much for the advice! Appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (117)
15.48%
Uncertainty around my education (123)
16.27%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.52%
Isolating with family (50)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (29)
3.84%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (65)
8.6%
Loneliness (80)
10.58%
Financial worries (31)
4.1%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (68)
8.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (49)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (72)
9.52%

Watched Threads