Out of hand drama?? Oof Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Okay so me and my best friends had a huge argument a few months back which ended in them both blocking me. This is kinda out of character for them cos they’re normally very chill which isn’t red flag #1 that they hate my guts.
Basically for years we have been joking about how we would slap somebody we hate on the last day of school. Since our argument they’ve been talking about ‘accidentally’ spilling a drink on somebody at prom. They sound really serious and me and my friends think they’re planning on doing it to me
I don’t know what I should do if it happens. If I retaliate in any way I’ll get in trouble with the school (I’m going to this schools 6th form, whereas they’re not) since they’ll claim it was an accident. Is there any way I could get back at them without getting in trouble if something were to happen?
I know this sounds petty, but these two have been mildly bullying me for years and playing it off as banter, and I don’t want them to get the last laugh after they’ve already put me through a lot
Thanks in advance
optalk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This has happened to me once. I was being mildly annoying, nothing serious, and my friend decided grab my own drink from me and spill it right infront of my face. It went on my shirt, tie, trousers. I was pissed off but there was really nothing I could do. He kept running away and he got serious for a second and said I was going too far chasing him with a bottle of water. I disagreed. We stopped talking for a couple of days.

The difference is this wasn't a tense build up, it was a spur of the moment thing.

lol! i forgot my point entirely, hope you enjoyed the read.
B3ar93
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Maybe they are not? Maybe they are just playing mind games and won’t commit the act.
The best way to deal with that is to rise above it. Pretend like you don’t care, that their childish actions are beneath you, your not interested.
Basically don’t attack, deflect.
If portraying a more mature demeanour doesn’t work, use humour. If they do pour a drink on you, take charge of the situation and throw out a couple of jokes, act like it was your idea. Laugh with them. That sh*t really annoys people who are trying to get to you.
This way you don’t get into trouble with the school and your bullies get to feel all petty about themselves. And if they do try to humiliate you, others get to see what they are really like.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Melobond
Badges: 9
Report 5 days ago
spilling a drink over someone at prom is so spiteful, they're clearly just weird and very childish. Just act like they don't even bother you and get on with your life, that will piss them off even more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads