HCPC Approved programmes? What if it's not approved by the College of Paramedics?

Watch
Sierkot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Most (if not all) paramedicine programmes are approved by the HCPC but only a handful are College of Paramedic Endorsed Courses?

e.g. Coventry is approved by the HCPC but not by the College of Paramedics whereas Lincoln, for example, is approved by both?

Would it be better to study to study a paramedic course approved by both?
jamiejay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe it's the HCPC approval that allows you to work in the NHS.
RHirst
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The HCPC is the governing body of paramedics. Essentially in order to practice as a paramedic, you require to be on the HCPC register as it is a protected title as with other professions like nurses, physios etc. If you go on to a university course it is likely to be approved by the HCPC it will ultimately lead to you becoming a registered paramedic at the end of the three years. This will allow you to work as a paramedic whether it be in the NHS or other primary care etc.

The College of Paramedics is a growing group that speaks on behalf of paramedics, their approval essentially means it is line with what they believe paramedics should be taught and what paramedics should be doing. It is an excellent organization that holds a large voice for developing paramedic practice. However, they have no official role with becoming a paramedic and although it will be beneficial to go on a course approved by them, it is not essential nor mandatory.

Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (48)
17.45%
No one else does (87)
31.64%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.18%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.82%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.18%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed