Go to uni (0)
0%
AlanWYF
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello
So, let't get this done. A little bet about myself. I am a Oxford PPE and LSE Philo&Econ reject. My predicted grades are A*A*A*(Maths, Econ, Phys..I know it is not a quite impressive combination...) and I am excepting A*A*A* or A*A*A(Maths is more definite, the other one could be econ). My TSA is a little low, 62(if I remebered correctly, problem solving in the lower 25% and critical thinking in higher 25% of that round of application. TSA 2 was not open for review). And, since I am an international student from China, my IELTS is 0.5 short for writing only and I am positive to address it for the next time.

I think for Oxford, I didn't get in because I didn't do FP and my TSA is a littile tragic. For LSE, they specifically stated it was my PS, so it can be my lose of focus since I am applying both PPE and Philo&Econ and I lack some personal projects and social activities.

I am considering reapplying HSPS in Cambridge for Fizwilliam College(because one of my friend from there forced me...), LSE Politics and Economics, LSE Philosophy and Economics, LSE sociology, UCL PPE (also, other possibly Warwick PPE, which I've got).

*I am still thinking about whether I am going to reapply from a uni or just decline all options on results day and go for a gap year. I am planing to do an intern or a volunteer programme to strengthen my weakness of PS and if I got the offer I might choose to do a more long–term intern or just stay and learn some other things (eg.Spanish, CFA...)

*I want to know how likely is it for me to have an offer next year (for the choices I listed) cause if I did not get any offer next year I will be dead

*I am thinking about a academic career path so I do think getting in to a good undergrad does really help(and I am open for other ideas if you care to share) if I want to study further in Oxbridge or the top unis in the states.

*Also, I don't have any information or ideas about a gap year yet, it would really help if you guys can give me some idea of it or suggest me some good resources of finding a good programme for me.
Joe_01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No harm in trying to reapply
AlanWYF
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
sorry i got it under ox, i am new in tsr
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads