Please someone give me good advice x Watch

emily.pyesta
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
5 months ago I met this boy, he was really interested in me, messaging me after I met him at a party etc. He turned out to have pretty bad commitment issues and also trust issues, it was the weirdest thing. When I would see him in our big friendship group he’d never come over to speak to me...But message me later on? Until I had enough (about a month ago), lost interest etc. Then he opened up to me one night, crying to me about how he never is open to anyone, he asked me to be his gf, he liked me a lot and also met me alone a few times. The past few weeks have been so rough for me, and I didn’t wanna let my guard down bc I was scared he’d ditch me again. I explained how I was scared to be open with him, and then I was...Really open with him.

I’m 16 and my mum passed away when I was 12, it was her death anniversary a few weeks back, he was supportive and all, but then last week I saw him at the party and he fully blanked me, barely spoke to me...I sent him a pretty upset and angry text saying how he has lead me on, and now I’ve opened up to him, to someone I thought I could trust and who would have my back and he’s now done it again! Gone ghost! He apologised about making me feel like this but his ‘sorry’ was pretty heartless, and now he didn’t even bothered to speak to me for a few days and then I revived a ‘sorry if I’ve messed up, I really miss talking to you x’ as much as I wanted it to work I had to cut it off, he manipulated the entire situation and guilt tripped me into thinking I used him etc. It hurt and still does, but days after I broke it off he is now speaking to this girl who apparently he’s ‘liked for so long’, it’s made me feel worthless and upset that he’s replaced me that fast. I don’t know how to feel and how to let go, I need to move on but idk how when all I see of them liking each other’s posts and talking about all the things me and him used to chat about. I can’t block him because he’s kinda in my friendship group. Please people give me advice on how to let go and move on Thankyou xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by emily.pyesta; 4 days ago
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by emily.pyesta)
5 months ago I met this boy, he was really interested in me, messaging me after I met him at a party etc. He turned out to have pretty bad commitment issues and also trust issues, it was the weirdest thing. When I would see him in our big friendship group he’d never come over to speak to me...But message me later on? Until I had enough (about a month ago), lost interest etc. Then he opened up to me one night, crying to me about how he never is open to anyone, he asked me to be his gf, he liked me a lot and also met me alone a few times. The past few weeks have been so rough for me, and I didn’t wanna let my guard down bc I was scared he’d ditch me again. I explained how I was scared to be open with him, and then I was...Really open with him.

I’m 16 and my mum passed away when I was 12, it was her death anniversary a few weeks back, he was supportive and all, but then last week I saw him at the party and he fully blanked me, barely spoke to me...I sent him a pretty upset and angry text saying how he has lead me on, and now I’ve opened up to him, to someone I thought I could trust and who would have my back and he’s now done it again! Gone ghost! He apologised about making me feel like this but his ‘sorry’ was pretty heartless, and now he didn’t even bothered to speak to me for a few days and then I revived a ‘sorry if I’ve messed up, I really miss talking to you x’ as much as I wanted it to work I had to cut it off, he manipulated the entire situation and guilt tripped me into thinking I used him etc. It hurt and still does, but days after I broke it off he is now speaking to this girl who apparently he’s ‘liked for so long’, it’s made me feel worthless and upset that he’s replaced me that fast. I don’t know how to feel and how to let go, I need to move on but idk how when all I see of them liking each other’s posts and talking about all the things me and him used to chat about. I can’t block him because he’s kinda in my friendship group. Please people give me advice on how to let go and move on Thankyou xx
It is natural to feel hurt - you opened up to him and this is how he acted towards you? It seems like to me he wasn't genuine and didn't have a lot of respect for you. If he didn't want to be with you, he should be honest with you rather than messing you around. It doesn't seem like it now, but it is the best thing to happen for you, for you to find out what he is really like and for you to be able to move on and find someone else who will reciprocate your feelings and treat you better. Is he very close in your friendship group? Do you have friends who support you and are there for you?

As for now, focus on yourself and rediscovering your confidence and self-worth. Do the things that make you happy and surround yourself with the people who you enjoy spending time with. Keeping yourself busy and focusing on the positives you do have in your life will help you move on in time.
Prussianxo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yikes that's a really tough situation, I have been in a somewhat similar situation but not to that extent. You've just got to remember it wasn't meant to be, there are thousands of other guys who are a hundred times better. Avoid him for now while he's in your group.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fudge130
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
you should understand that he was not worth it and finding that out was a good thing for you.
I kinda feel bad for the new girl he talks to cause she is gonna be led on just like you did cuz boys like this guy don't respect anyone no mater who it is. some people will never change and sometimes its hard to except that but its true. you are better and deserve better and don't need someone like him so stay strong and be positive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads