Investment banking Uni Choice Watch

savvy324
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey Guys,

i want to know the best way for me to get into a BB IB with my current choices, i have A*AB in maths accounting and IT.

i can either go to UCL next year to do engineering as i know investment banks like engineering or shall i wait another year to get an A in my third subject in order to get into Warwick for accounting and finance?
mnot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by savvy324)
Hey Guys,

i want to know the best way for me to get into a BB IB with my current choices, i have A*AB in maths accounting and IT.

i can either go to UCL next year to do engineering as i know investment banks like engineering or shall i wait another year to get an A in my third subject in order to get into Warwick for accounting and finance?
Either will be fine, a finance based course will probably make you more knowledgeable about relevant info, & you'll need a good answer to why did you pick engineering to apply to financial services/ IB firms.

But going to UCL and doing spring weeks will put you in as a good a place as any other applicant...
savvy324
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Would you know if management with finance at warwick is also a good choice for investment banking?
(Original post by mnot)
Either will be fine, a finance based course will probably make you more knowledgeable about relevant info, & you'll need a good answer to why did you pick engineering to apply to financial services/ IB firms.

But going to UCL and doing spring weeks will put you in as a good a place as any other applicant...
Last edited by savvy324; 1 week ago
mnot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by savvy324)
Would you know if management with finance at warwick is also a good choice for investment banking?
Not really, i did an engineering degree. But warwick business school is renowned and is on a par prestige wise with UCL (at MBA level its probably on par with Oxbridge, LSE level).
I suspect it's as good a course as any to go into IB, i think the degree will go over more of an academic approach to finance rather than what actually happens in industry, but this is the same for all finance degrees.

Your academic ability and prestige are assumed if you go that school and course.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ucl is good
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
Not really, i did an engineering degree. But warwick business school is renowned and is on a par prestige wise with UCL (at MBA level its probably on par with Oxbridge, LSE level).
I suspect it's as good a course as any to go into IB, i think the degree will go over more of an academic approach to finance rather than what actually happens in industry, but this is the same for all finance degrees.

Your academic ability and prestige are assumed if you go that school and course.
only really LBS, INSEAD, IE and IESE place frequently at the MBA level. Said and Judge are decent, alongside HEC/MBS/SDA Bocconi but on the whole an MBA from LSE/Warwick is probably not the best move if you want the best post-MBA jobs.

pre-experience masters however, yes. but even the a pre-exp masters from LSE > one from Warwick.
Last edited by Princepieman; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise