Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sissoue)
Someone had a Grade D for two subjects
Is it a pass or fail??? Do they have a certificate or they don't have ... Well
Old grading by the way January 2019
Edexcel bord
Please confirm
They will get a certificate
A grade D is what it says, a grade D pass. From the standpoint of progressing in education or for employment, a grade C or better is generally accepted as a ‘pass’.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sissoue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Well I would like to confirm to that person is it good if this student who had a D in two subject continue to prepare his sixt form by retaking the same subjects in AS level is okey to do that
(Original post by gdunne42)
They will get a certificate
A grade D is what it says, a grade D pass. From the standpoint of progressing in education or for employment, a grade C or better is generally accepted as a ‘pass’.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well I would like to confirm to that person is it good if this student who had a D in two subject continue to prepare his sixt form by retaking the same subjects in AS level is okey to do that
It would depend on the reasons for such a poor performance and what those subjects were. If you mean retake them while doing AS in other subjects I’d ask what did they get a D in and how good are their other results. If you mean can they start to study these at AS level, in the uk a student achieving grade D or grade 3 at gcse is exceptionally unlikely to be allowed to study that subject in school at A level.
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 week ago
Sissoue
Rep:
?
Well those student are advised to take BTEC right if they cannot afford for A level ?
It would depend on the reasons for such a poor performance and what those subjects were. If you mean retake them while doing AS in other subjects I’d ask what did they get a D in and how good are their other results. If you mean can they start to study these at AS level, in the uk a student achieving grade D or grade 3 at gcse is exceptionally unlikely to be allowed to study that subject in school at A level.
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well those student are advised to take BTEC right if they cannot afford for A level ?
If a student achieved 5 or more gcse with grade 4 / grade C or better they would probably be allowed to study A levels if they wished. Many schools would require at least a B / 6 in the specific subjects they wish to choose at A level. Students may be advised that level 3 BTEC is a better choice for them. Those who achieve less than 5 passes may be encouraged to resit some gcse and add some level 2 BTEC options. The individual circumstances of each student would always be considered.
If a student had not passed maths or English at gcse they would be required to retake it alongside their sixth form/college courses.
Sissoue
Rep:
?
Please do you Know where I can get blogs or website that explains BTEC in General
If a student achieved 5 or more gcse with grade 4 / grade C or better they would probably be allowed to study A levels if they wished. Many schools would require at least a B / 6 in the specific subjects they wish to choose at A level. Students may be advised that level 3 BTEC is a better choice for them. Those who achieve less than 5 passes may be encouraged to resit some gcse and add some level 2 BTEC options. The individual circumstances of each student would always be considered.
If a student had not passed maths or English at gcse they would be required to retake it alongside their sixth form/college courses.
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please do you Know where I can get blogs or website that explains BTEC in General
The Edexcel web site has information about the many BTEC options they offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads