The Student Room Group

does God exist ?

does God exist ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lusaka786
does God exist ?

I believe He does.

Romans 1 verse 20: "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes
To quote an anthropomorphic bat: “believe what you wanna believe”
Original post by Yeshua saves
I believe He does.

Romans 1 verse 20: "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

perfectly said 👏👏
dunno, depends on what you mean by God.
(edited 4 years ago)
I believe so, but not in the form of a man in the sky that's separate from us and judges us.

I believe God, or as I like to call it, the universe/source/source consciousness is everyone and everything. It's you, me, the animals, the trees, the rock, the plants. We are essentially the universe living out a human experience. I am it and it is me. I am eternal love. When you come to this realisation, you become aware that everything is connected, everything is a part of the same source. We are all one.
Might be some higher being, but dont subscribe to an all powerful Abrahamic God, whose religions preach violence and fairy tales...
Reply 8
Almost certainly not
does God exist ?

no. The concept of god and the religions are highly flawed and can be made up by any high ranking or even a pauper during the times of scripture's (like bible or the Quran) creation. Remember people weren't so intelligent then and didn't understand the concept of science until people like Pythagoras, Newton, Darwin took a step back and actually observed the world around them, unlike most religious people today - who follow blindly of their religions like zombies and spout nonsense about him forgiving those who do things His way.

If God did exist, I highly doubt that it would be one entity (that for some reason christians picture him as a white man). For me it would probably be a god particle, something that was created out of randomness and would go on to create today coincidently through science.
Reply 10
Which one?
Yo, Pythagoras, newton, and Darwin were years apart from one another, and Pythagoras was made up anyway, and was before the abrahamic religions would have been, as you put it, “made up”
Original post by ddsizebra
no. The concept of god and the religions are highly flawed and can be made up by any high ranking or even a pauper during the times of scripture's (like bible or the Quran) creation. Remember people weren't so intelligent then and didn't understand the concept of science until people like Pythagoras, Newton, Darwin took a step back and actually observed the world around them, unlike most religious people today - who follow blindly of their religions like zombies and spout nonsense about him forgiving those who do things His way.

If God did exist, I highly doubt that it would be one entity (that for some reason christians picture him as a white man). For me it would probably be a god particle, something that was created out of randomness and would go on to create today coincidently through science.
Reply 12
No proof of any kind of God exists so no human being can answer that question.

Believe whatever makes sense to you and gives you peace, and let others do the same.
Maybe, but right now there's zero credible reason to believe in one.
Infinite time can't exist (otherwise we'd never get to this point in time), therefore the universe can't have existed forever (if you want to go by science then the big bang theory says that the universe came into existence at some point in time). So there has to be something that caused the universe to come into existence. If that cause didn't exist forever then it must have its own cause, which then must have its own cause if its not infinite, and so on. So there must be some cause that exists forever.

Whether you wish to call that 'cause' God is your choice
Original post by ARealNowhereMan
Yo, Pythagoras, newton, and Darwin were years apart from one another, and Pythagoras was made up anyway, and was before the abrahamic religions would have been, as you put it, “made up”

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/jt.2009.16

he did exist... Although his past was largely glorified, historians agreed that he had contributed significantly to his theorem. And further more despite these philosophers and scientists being wide apart by timeline, all were well within when religion held much power (including government) and society belief and way of thinking. Newton was almost thrown out from the Royal Society as he kept questioning religion and God's existence
Cool, thanks for clarifying.
Original post by ddsizebra
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/jt.2009.16

he did exist... Although his past was largely glorified, historians agreed that he had contributed significantly to his theorem. And further more despite these philosophers and scientists being wide apart by timeline, all were well within when religion held much power (including government) and society belief and way of thinking. Newton was almost thrown out from the Royal Society as he kept questioning religion and God's existence
Personally, I don't believe in a God that conforms with a religion, but someone who just sort of exists out there and isn't too bothered about us. Sometimes I think he doesn't exist, sometimes I do. It's nice to think that someone could be above all of this mess and morality, though.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I believe so, but not in the form of a man in the sky that's separate from us and judges us.

I believe God, or as I like to call it, the universe/source/source consciousness is everyone and everything. It's you, me, the animals, the trees, the rock, the plants. We are essentially the universe living out a human experience. I am it and it is me. I am eternal love. When you come to this realisation, you become aware that everything is connected, everything is a part of the same source. We are all one.

This is a very tranquil meaning of God. I would like this.
does God exist ?

Well I'm an atheist... but if he did... I'd like to think he was autistic... explains why EVERYONE is SOMEWHERE on the spectrum (if God is within us all)... and if this is the case then it explains why the autistics who are diagnosed as on the spectrum find it so much harder to communicate and understand emotions and stuff... because that is HUMAN stuff... and also explains the fibbonacci sequence.
Yes, God is the one and almighty in the universe, stronger than the black-hole. God is the king of the universe (And no I am not being sarcastic). I find it very silly when atheists insult god with all the insulting language you can think of, I personally couldn't care less as they are God's concern not mine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending