getting 3s in my GCSE papers? Watch

shaile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Obviously GCSEs are really soon.
I'm really struggling to revise. I'm predicted a 9 in chem for some reason but when I did a past paper i got 25% which is a U.
What to do?!
FTheOpps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Use seneca learning and do past papers, you'll be alright and don't stress because it won't help! We're all in this together
DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you revise for it? Make sure you actually know the content before doing the paper
Bubs051213
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My advice would be to go through the past paper you did with the mark scheme and spend time identifying where you went wrong. Are you making the same sort of mistakes? Is it simply a lack of knowledge about the content? Are you really weak on a few topics? Once you've got a better idea about why you're going wrong, you'll have a better chance at putting it right. As well as this, don't stress! You've got a good few weeks until exams which is plenty of time to revise effectively and make really good progress!
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, you still have time to improve but you need to identify which areas you are weak on. If you got 25% because you didn't know the content then go over all of the content using online resources and 'free science lessons' on youtube or make mindmaps and revision cards. If you struggle on answering 6 mark questions then do some practise on just 6 markers. If you don't know the required practicals then go over them. If you just don't understand the questions or you are losing marks because you do know the knowledge but you're just missing out the key words which are stopping you from getting the marks then just do practise exam papers to learn some exam technique. Basically you need to identify yourself which bits you need help with and then pick out the best method of revision to suit your needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads