Is a month enough time to revise for my English AS exams? Watch

LaraMari16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Is a month enough time to revise for my English Lit and Lang AS exams? And of anyone has tips on how to motivate myself to actually start revising cos im really demotivated.
martidstelling
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm doing the English Language AS exam too.

As for a month being enough time...I only began the course in January and did the mock in my second week As long as you're committed to doing well and study smart, there's no reason you won't get the grades!

I've just been making sure that over Easter I spend a little bit of time every day doing some revision. There are loads of great videos online covering theorists for paper two, Ben Wardle has two on regional variations and occupation. I've been taking notes and then turning them into mind maps and flashcards.

Just keep thinking of the end result

Hope the exams go well for you!
(Original post by LaraMari16)
Is a month enough time to revise for my English Lit and Lang AS exams? And of anyone has tips on how to motivate myself to actually start revising cos im really demotivated.
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi LaraMari16,

It's so difficult to get motivated to revise, especially during the holidays when you would probably rather be doing anything but that!

Have you tried making a revision playlist? Our students swear by having a playlist dedicated to revision to help get them into the right mindset. It will work best if you make sure it's songs that you wouldn't listen to at any other time as your brain will then associate that music with revision. It basically has the same effect as a really great gym playlist.

It also really helps to start with a piece of revision that you find most interesting, as this will help you to get into the zone and discover your flow. Are there any podcasts or youtube series that you can watch that relate to your English revision? This is really helpful, especially if you're trying to develop arguments for essay-based questions. If you still need a little boost for motivation you'll find loads of tips here.

In regards to time, if you're really focused and can do some effective revision, a month is plenty of time. Try not to fixate on the days going by too much. Write out a schedule/timetable and use that to help make this month the most productive it can be. You'll be surprised by what you can achieve in a short period of time if you need to.

We hope that helps a little bit! Best of luck with the exams, we're sure you'll do great!
HS2030
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm doing it too.
Just gonna learn some quotes a bunch of A03, some movie interpretations and critic quotes
and devices and literary techniques.
Just memorise that in the reaming 7 days of easter and then write a 40 min essay every day.
I mean we gotta go hardcore since it appears you haven't been revising.
I'm in the same boat, cam here for advice too LOL
<3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads