I feel weird about my boyfriend Watch

lilypel
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Really weird I don't feel part of my boyfriends life.

He only invites me to certain things and I just feel so weird whenever we part. Like almost empty...we have a great time together but he likes to let me know he's a lone wolf and does his own thing.

I don't know why I feel like this because I had a great time and I love being with him.

He also books over a lot of stuff we are meant to do...why is he going out with me when he clearly doesn't want to let go of his own independence and compromise ?
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lilypel)
Really weird I don't feel part of my boyfriends life.

He only invites me to certain things and I just feel so weird whenever we part. Like almost empty...we have a great time together but he likes to let me know he's a lone wolf and does his own thing.

I don't know why I feel like this because I had a great time and I love being with him.

He also books over a lot of stuff we are meant to do...why is he going out with me when he clearly doesn't want to let go of his own independence and compromise ?
Some people are simply like this. If you can't hack him being a lone wolf, and he can't hack you needing to spend time together, then you aren't well-suited and you'll only end up arguing about it and having a bad time in the long run.

Don't try and change him. That'll just end up pissing you both off and will guarantee you'll end on bad terms.
a smalltown girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you're on this site you're obviously young so you've got so much time to find someone else who is more considerate and values you more - so either confront him about it and if he doesn't do something about his behavior obviously upsetting you don't be scared to break up with him. Relationships are a two way system and you've got to both fully be on the same page for them to work. He's not a monster for not being completely involved in your life but you're not either for wanting the opposite. You won't be on your own without him and it doesn't devalue your worth to not have a boyfriend. I have no clue if that's what you needed or wanted out of that but there you go! That's my advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads