Advice to year 11’s - please read Watch

Delilah23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m in year 12 currently studying physics chemistry and philosophy. I did fairly well in my GCSEs, getting mostly 7’s. I wanted to write this to give you some advise and inspiration for the last few months of school.
There’s not long left now, 2 months roughly so just think 2 months out of the rest of your life, let’s say another 60 years at least so surly working extremely hard for this next few months will be worth it. Your going to have the best summer of your life this year and you don’t want to be spending the entire time worrying about results day, if you work endlessly hard now and know you’ve done your absolute best then your enjoy your summer because you know you’ve tried your best. You may be thinking but I wanna see my friends over Easter and weekends etc but your have all summer for that, i sacrificed seeing my friends to get my grades and I know it was worth it. Maybe you could meet up with your friends and do revision together? This is the final push and it’s so worth it, when you open your envelope and see them grades ou want and worked so hard for you know all this effort made it happen. Use all the resources you can find to revise eg: tassomai or past papers or YouTube anything you can find will make a big difference! However GCSEs arnt the end of the world, if you don’t get the grades you wanted it’s fine as long as you get the grades for your collage or sixth from and to get onto the subjects then that’s fine (unless your wanting to apply to a oxbridge uni) but that isn’t to say don’t work hard. The knowledge you gain now will be vital in a levels especially subject like science maths English etc.
You are all capable of doing amazing and all your teachers believe in you and just work your socks off and get them grades but must of all do your self proud, you deserve them grades so do it for you !
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Delilah23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I hope this helps as many people as possible, please share it with people.
Just want to give people the best chance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
waterbin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for this man
(Original post by Delilah23)
I’m in year 12 currently studying physics chemistry and philosophy. I did fairly well in my GCSEs, getting mostly 7’s. I wanted to write this to give you some advise and inspiration for the last few months of school.
There’s not long left now, 2 months roughly so just think 2 months out of the rest of your life, let’s say another 60 years at least so surly working extremely hard for this next few months will be worth it. Your going to have the best summer of your life this year and you don’t want to be spending the entire time worrying about results day, if you work endlessly hard now and know you’ve done your absolute best then your enjoy your summer because you know you’ve tried your best. You may be thinking but I wanna see my friends over Easter and weekends etc but your have all summer for that, i sacrificed seeing my friends to get my grades and I know it was worth it. Maybe you could meet up with your friends and do revision together? This is the final push and it’s so worth it, when you open your envelope and see them grades ou want and worked so hard for you know all this effort made it happen. Use all the resources you can find to revise eg: tassomai or past papers or YouTube anything you can find will make a big difference! However GCSEs arnt the end of the world, if you don’t get the grades you wanted it’s fine as long as you get the grades for your collage or sixth from and to get onto the subjects then that’s fine (unless your wanting to apply to a oxbridge uni) but that isn’t to say don’t work hard. The knowledge you gain now will be vital in a levels especially subject like science maths English etc.
You are all capable of doing amazing and all your teachers believe in you and just work your socks off and get them grades but must of all do your self proud, you deserve them grades so do it for you !
Hope this helps. Good luck.
WanderStruck
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I haven't been revising at all, but i already have an unconditional place in college, and i know my options/what i can do if i dont get the grades i want.

Because of mental health, i breakdown every time i try to revise, everything gets to me and im a year behind on school because of personal issues - so i think it's okay to not revise in some situations. Just dont cram and burn yourself out at your exams, either

If you dont get your desired grades, there's still so many options, and your life is certainly not over as the school system wants you to believe - the real hurdle will be A levels! <3
RavenclawOwl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I would like to add something, but I'm in no way undermining the OP, I think they have some good advice.

I'm not gonna say my grades here but they're on my profile if you're curious. Those didn't come from studying 24hrs a day and shutting myself away from the world for two months.

Go out. See friends. Find meaning to life beyond grades. This summer might be a shock if you realise you lost yourself in exam season. I have friends who have no hobbies anymore because they forgot what they love.

I know this sounds exaggerated but it needs to be said because good grades come from regular breaks and days off, combined with hard work.

PRIORITISE MENTAL HEALTH!!!
Nx23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
this acc boosted my motivation ty x
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Thank-you sooo much for this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads