GCSE Exams stress Watch

EllieLouise_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I wouldn’t say I’m scared of taking exams, however I have a weird nervous feeling I can’t seem to shake. We’ve got less than one month till they all start, I just wanted to ask anyone if they have any advice/experiences they could share to help cope with these upcoming exams. Thanks
eashdown17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there! I did my GCSEs two years ago now and I can definitely tell you you’re not the only one who is nervous! I was soooo nervous and anxious before and during the exams! My school had a “coping with exam stress” session once a week that I attended, where I learnt to do breathing exercises that you can find online which really helped! I had a panic attack in my first GCSE exam and so from then on, I told my head of Year and she managed to get me allowed to sit at the back of the exam hall next to the door in case I wanted to have breaks and leave the room during exams. I would definitely suggest this because it’s nice to have a breather! Maybe ask your teachers for any help? Hope this helps!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi, there I am struggling as well so you are not the only one you need to have the confidence to believe in yourself. I know it is not easy but all of our year 11 will get there. Do lots of practice papers and continue revising as much as you can. Just try your best. Don't be nervous because if you panic in the exam it makes things worse. Take deep breaths in and out, slowly, and say to yourself "I can do it!" Nothing will ever bring you down have confidence but not too much confidence because if you have too much confidence it will not be good for you at all. That is what someone told me once. I hope this helps
(Original post by EllieLouise_)
I wouldn’t say I’m scared of taking exams, however I have a weird nervous feeling I can’t seem to shake. We’ve got less than one month till they all start, I just wanted to ask anyone if they have any advice/experiences they could share to help cope with these upcoming exams. Thanks
EllieLouise_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you good luck on your exams too
(Original post by 2838676907)
hi, there I am struggling as well so you are not the only one you need to have the confidence to believe in yourself. I know it is not easy but all of our year 11 will get there. Do lots of practice papers and continue revising as much as you can. Just try your best. Don't be nervous because if you panic in the exam it makes things worse. Take deep breaths in and out, slowly, and say to yourself "I can do it!" Nothing will ever bring you down have confidence but not too much confidence because if you have too much confidence it will not be good for you at all. That is what someone told me once. I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads