Unsuccessful NHS applications after raising a family Watch

Serendipity76
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi Everyone.

I would like people’s true experience/s or even particular guidance in terms of successful applications to the NHS. I’m completely miffed because I’ve applied for 4 jobs either band 2 or 3, having nearly 1 years exp voluntary as a Parent Helper in a school, just over 3 years doing admin for one morning every week voluntary again, on and off being a Carer for a family member over a decade. I completed my degree in 2016 in health and Social care with honours and yet no blooming luck. I have applied examples to the job spec have met both desirable and essential Criteria so why am I still unsuccessful!! I have supplied 4 references, all good to go. What am I doing wrong? Please help I’m going potty.
Joleee
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
fyi i moved your thread to Health and emergency services
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi serendipity

What role in the NHS did you apply for specifically?
(Original post by Serendipity76)
Hi Everyone.

I would like people’s true experience/s or even particular guidance in terms of successful applications to the NHS. I’m completely miffed because I’ve applied for 4 jobs either band 2 or 3, having nearly 1 years exp voluntary as a Parent Helper in a school, just over 3 years doing admin for one morning every week voluntary again, on and off being a Carer for a family member over a decade. I completed my degree in 2016 in health and Social care with honours and yet no blooming luck. I have applied examples to the job spec have met both desirable and essential Criteria so why am I still unsuccessful!! I have supplied 4 references, all good to go. What am I doing wrong? Please help I’m going potty.
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied for NHS before band 2/3 I never got any interviews I give up and started applying for Civil Service roles got two interviews after completing the online maths test and got in at the Home Office but got put on a 12-month waiting list. I got four interviews this month for the Civil Service they go on how could you do on the tests not work experience.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
Hi Everyone.

markova21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was told to work in many care/nursing homes and the NHS you have to have NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care, and any other qualification, even a degree is not allowed.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That because they want experience not a piece of paper.
(Original post by markova21)
I was told to work in many care/nursing homes and the NHS you have to have NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care, and any other qualification, even a degree is not allowed.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You don’t need a degree to be a band 2 in the NHS just relevant experience and good GCSEs
(Original post by markova21)
Serendipity76
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks all really appreciate your responses. Work experience in a care home, will try that. Do you guys think that 6 months wk exp in a home is Minimum or a year?

Bowel cancer admin, Clinical support worker, emergency department asst and another admin post are what I applied for.

Btw my sister has no experience in a care related field at all, worked in Homebase in wages, applied to nhs band 3/ phlebotomy related and got the first job she applied for! What’s happened there then and she has less qualifications than me! Any ideas or just put it down to luck?
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They could believe your overqualified they think that would leave in a few months when you get something better. A similar thing happens to my friend he applied for a part-time cleaning job and he didn't get it because they believe he would leave in a few months which was most likely truth.
Thanks all really appreciate your responses. Work experience in a care home, will try that. Do you guys think that 6 months wk exp in a home is Minimum or a year?

Bowel cancer admin, Clinical support worker, emergency department asst and another admin post are what I applied for.

Btw my sister has no experience in a care related field at all, worked in Homebase in wages, applied to nhs band 3/ phlebotomy related and got the first job she applied for! What’s happened there then and she has less qualifications than me! Any ideas or just put it down to luck?
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I ask why you are aiming for Band 2/3 level posts when you hold a degree? These kind of posts are usually for nursing/ other kinds of students

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads